RapidVPN Review & Test 2019 - Keep This in Mind Before Buying
RapidVPN is a VPN service with servers in a variety of countries. Like premium vendors, such as NordVPN, RapidVPN utilizes the most popular VPN protocols and is usable on the most popular operating systems. Those looking for anonymity and safety online will find that the features of the service could be just what they are looking for. It is easy to set up and it has strong support.
RapidVPN is an experienced and well-established VPN provider that offers server locations in countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Canada and Australia. It uses the PPTP and L2TP VPN protocols, with a 128 bit encryption system, the most popular with VPN users. All subscription plans provided by RapidVPN include the ability to connect two devices simultaneously by default. The connections provided are quick, reliable and secure. RapidVPN guarantees anonymous internet traffic, and takes no logs of user online activity.
RapidVPN was founded in 2007 in the United Kingdom, and has continued to grow in network size and popularity since then. Although not the largest network available, RapidVPN provides fast and secure connections through all the main key locations that you would likely be looking to use, making them a good choice for someone looking at accessing geo-specific websites, or simply looking to protect their identity and security when online.
RapidVPN offers a wide range of services and payment plans. The user can opt for dynamic VPN, which allows unlimited switch between servers and unlimited bandwidth, or dedicated VPN. Dedicated VPN allows the user to choose a specific server location in Europe, Australia, Canada or one of several US states. This option also offers unlimited bandwidth, and the servers in the Netherlands and Sweden include a torrent allowance. All of these options include a variety of subscription periods from 1 month to 1 year. Rapid VPN also offers a lifetime VPN subscription option. All of these options include a 3-day money back guarantee.
RapidVPN provides its own VPN applications for Windows and Android, with applications for iOS and Mac OS X coming soon. The service, however, provides users with detailed instructions on how to manually set it up on their Linux, iOS and Mac OS X devices. This means that RapidVPN can be used on most desktop and laptop computers, as well as most smartphones and tablets. RapidVPN provides users with 24/7 customer support, which can be reached through email or webchat.
|Number of countries with servers||18|
|Number of servers||44|
|Number of IP addresses||6500|
|Does VPN keep logs?||No|
|Does VPN include a kill switch?||Yes|
|Number of devices per license||Unlimited|
1. Download the program from here
2. Press “Next” in the Setup Wizard (if this doesn”t open automatically then double-click the downloaded file)
3. Click “Agree”, then “Next” (don”t make any changes to the tick boxes), then “Install”
4. If another pop-up window appears, click “Install”
5. Click “Next”, then select “start OpenVPN GUI” and click “Finish”
6. Log in to the program with the username and password provided in your Client Area
7. Select “Configuration” from the top menu, download the OpenVPN UDP/TCP configuration for your server, rename it as RapidVPNUDP/TCP.ovpn and store it in the config folder for OpenVPN
8. Check that the program is running and then close the application
9. Right-click the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop, select “Run as administrator”
10. Right-click the OpenVPN icon in the taskbar (located in the bottom right corner of your screen), select the server you want to connect to, then click “Connect”
11. Enter your RapidVPN username and password
Dynamic VPN Monthly
RapidVPN supplies two services; Dynamic VPN and Dedicated VPN. Dynamic allows unlimited bandwidth and switching between servers, whereas Dedicated only allows access to a single server of the users choice – located in either, Europe, Australia, Canada or the US, while it also offers unlimited bandwidth only a limited number of servers include a torrent allowance. Both options allow you to subscribe for a lifetime, or have shorter options ranging from 1 month to 1 year, both plans offer a 3 day money back guarantee.
RapidVPN offers a live chat support, as well as the ubiquitous email/ticketing system. They typically respond almost immediately and have a great troubleshooter on their website, including a list of all known errors and their solutions. RapidVPN lives up to its name by providing fast reliable connections, and it’s rare to hear of any major problems that last for any long period of time.
- Lower encryption levels than competitors
- No logs, and anonymous payments accepted
- Wide compatibility
- Medium network size
- Torrents enabled
- Static IP available
- Get started with RapidVPN now