5 Best VPNs for LG That Really Work in 2020 [+ Set Up Guide]
There’s no doubt that using a VPN is one of the most effective ways of keeping your data safe when you’re online. If you’re planning to protect your LG device with a VPN, you’ll come across so many choices that it might be difficult to decide which one will suit you best.
The good news is that we’ve done the legwork for you. We’ve tested hundreds of VPN providers to determine which ones are the most reliable, the most secure, and the best value for your money.
Read on to find out which VPNs are best for LG devices, why they are the best, and how to install them.
Quick Guide: Best VPNs for LG
- NordVPN – With a large global network of reliable servers, great speeds, and a reputation for excellence, NordVPN is our top choice to use with LG.
- ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN impresses with its lightning-fast speeds, user-friendly interface, and robust security features.
- CyberGhost – CyberGhost’s top-notch customer service combined with its fast servers and affordable prices put it firmly in the top five.
- Surfshark – Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections, which makes it ideal for connecting multiple devices.
- PrivateVPN – A simple interface, solid features, and budget-friendly pricing make PrivateVPN a great choice for LG devices.
Why You Need a VPN for LG
The primary reason most LG owners choose to use a VPN is to increase their privacy and security.
Premium VPNs provide a strong level of encryption and obfuscation that makes your online activity anonymous and your data almost impossible to crack.
Whether you’re using a cellular network, a public internet hotspot, or a personal wi-fi connection, you face risks to your online security. For instance, public wi-fi is notorious for exposing you to cybercriminals looking to intercept and steal your data.
A VPN encrypts your data and tunnels it through a secure server, which means that even if somebody does intercept it, they won’t be able to read it.
With a VPN, you’ll be free to enter passwords, credit card information, or any other sensitive data and you won’t have to worry about potential snoopers or hackers.
LG devices are usually powered by an Android operating system, so you’ll need a VPN that is compatible with Android.
Smartphones are almost constantly connected to a cellular or wi-fi network, so your VPN should ideally be able to handle long-duration connections.
That’s Not All a VPN Can Do
Besides keeping your data safe and your online activity hidden, a VPN can help you:
Bypass local restrictions – Some ISPs, workplaces, schools, and colleges, as well as public wi-fi hotspots, can block access to specific sites or content. Sometimes they have good reasons for doing so, but if not, a VPN can quickly and easily circumvent them.
Bypass geo-restrictions – A lot of content on the internet is restricted to specific countries, which means that you won’t be able to access it unless you’re located in the country where it’s available. If you’ve ever come across a ‘content is not available in your region’ message, then you’ll know what we’re talking about. A VPN can bypass these geo-restrictions.
How to Install a VPN on LG
Installing a VPN on your LG device might sound a bit daunting, but most VPN providers these days make lightweight apps designed specifically for this purpose.
Some VPNs will even help you monitor your data usage if you’re on a limited cell plan, as well as block ads and malware!
Below, we’ll show you how to install NordVPN on your LG device. You can also use this guide if you’re using a different VPN provider.
We’ve selected NordVPN because it’s our top pick for use with LG devices.
2. Click ‘install’ and download the app.
3. When the download is complete, find NordVPN in your list of installed apps. Click on it to open it.
4. If you have an existing NordVPN account, click ‘log in’ and enter your credentials, or click ‘sign up’ to create a new account if needed.
5. When you’re logged in, you can choose to connect to the server that’s best for your region by clicking ‘quick connect’. Alternatively, you can search for a specific server location by swiping the ‘quick connect’ box upwards. Don’t forget: To access geoblocked content, you’ll need to connect to a server in a country where the content is available.
That’s it – you’re all done and your LG device is now protected!
Best VPNs for LG
We’ve tested hundreds of VPNs and have found the best ones for LG devices, which we’ve listed below. They were selected based on the following criteria:
- Good speed, performance, and stability
- Robust security features
- Software or apps compatible with LG
- Ease of use
- Strict no-logs policy
NordVPN is not only our top pick, but also the most popular among users due to its top-of-the-line speeds, reliability, and overall performance.
With 5,400+ servers spanning 60+ countries, you’ll have no trouble accessing geo-restricted content or apps on your LG.
NordVPN also has an easy-to-use app that’s fully compatible with LG devices.
NordVPN’s watertight security features include a strict no-logs policy, an automatic kill switch, and built-in CyberSec security software.
Its military-grade AES-256 bit encryption supporting OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP tunneling protocols, and DNS leak protection will keep you safe at all times.
NordVPN can be utilized on up to six devices at once. Try it out for yourself with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
ExpressVPN is such a fast VPN provider, that some users even report that their internet speeds have improved since using it!
You’ll pay a premium price to use ExpressVPN but it’s well worth it when you consider its outstanding speeds, reliability, security features, and 24/7 customer service.
With 3,000+ servers spread across 160 locations, you won’t have a problem bypassing pesky geo-restrictions.
TrustedServer technology, a no-logs policy, an automatic kill switch, military-grade AES-256 bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and OpenVPN ensure you’ll always stay safe when using your LG device.
ExpressVPN can be used on five devices at the same time. The excellent app is compatible with LG.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
CyberGhost offers a great service that strikes a good balance between quality VPN features and price.
Its LG-compatible app is easy to use and boasts enough features to keep even advanced users happy.
This popular VPN provider is highly praised by users.
With 3,400+ servers over 60 countries, you’ll have no trouble accessing geo-restricted content on your LG.
You’re kept safe online with an auto kill switch, a no-logs policy, 256-bit AES encryption on the OpenVPN protocol, DNS and IP leak protection, and built-in malware and ad-blocking software.
CyberGhost tops this off by allowing you to have up to 7 connections at once.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
Surfshark offers you a safe online experience with its convenient LG-compatible app.
With reviews praising Surfshark’s great prices and unlimited connections, it’s proven to be a good and family-friendly choice for LG users.
Surfshark has 800+ fast servers in 50+ countries that are P2P-friendly, and offer Private DNS.
With a kill switch, a no-logs policy, AES-256-GCM encryption, split tunneling, a malware and ad blocker, and more, you’ll feel secure browsing on your LG.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
PrivateVPN is a reliable option for those who want an affordable VPN with good features including a user-friendly LG-compatible app.
Even though it’s a fairly new addition to the VPN market, PrivateVPN has already gained a reputation as one of the market leaders.
PrivateVPN has 150+ fast and stable self-owned servers in 60 different countries, ensuring you’ll have no trouble unblocking geo-restricted content, streaming, and downloading content to your LG device.
This provider keeps you safe with a strict no-logs policy, a kill switch, military-grade AES-256 encryption with support for multiple protocols, DNS leak protection, IPv6, and more.
Connect up to 6 devices at once with PrivateVPN. Try it out for yourself with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
It’s always a difficult task trying to sift through hundreds of service providers to find the ones that suit your needs.
We hope this article has made it a little easier to find the best VPN for your LG device and install the LG-compatible app. We recommend NordVPN for your LG.
After you install your selected VPN, you can rest easy knowing that your online activity is secure and private.
Do you have a different device you’d like to connect to a VPN? Read about the 5 Best VPNs for Multiple Devices & Connections.
Check out this month’s best VPN deals and coupons!