5 Best VPNs for FIFA 19 – Updated for Gaming in 2019
From its brand new UEFA tournaments and new stadiums to its full story mode, FIFA 19 is jam-packed with exciting features for fans.
However, the most popular feature by far is the game’s Ultimate Team online multiplayer mode, with more than five million online players.
If you love playing FIFA Ultimate Team, squad battles, Pro Clubs, or Weekend League, you might have noticed some annoying issues with lag while you play. This is especially the case for players who live far away from their regional game server.
Fortunately, you can fix latency problems by using a good VPN.
Quick Guide: Best VPNs for FIFA 19
- NordVPN – With its huge global network, excellent speeds, and outstanding privacy features, NordVPN is our number one recommendation for FIFA 19.
- ExpressVPN – Boasting lightning-fast speeds, ExpressVPN is another great option for reducing latency.
- CyberGhost – CyberGhost provides a brilliant blend of speed, function, and affordability.
- Surfshark – An ideal option for unlocking regional content, Surfshark also offers plenty of features.
- PrivateVPN – Simple and security-heavy, PrivateVPN is a good choice for VPN beginners.
What You Need in a VPN for FIFA 19
First and foremost a VPN for FIFA 19 will need to be fast. If you’re looking at reducing latency and tackling lag, there’s no point using a VPN that will slow you down even more.
Lots of VPNs will claim to offer fast speeds but there are a few key attributes you can look out for to be sure. Firstly, a large network of servers is a good sign that a VPN will be lightning-fast.
Secondly, those servers need to be in the right places. Latency in FIFA 19 is often caused by a player living too far away from their regional server. A VPN can help to reduce lag by redirecting your traffic through a private server that’s close to the game server you’d like to play on.
Sometimes the game servers themselves are slow. Using a VPN also means you can choose to connect to a different regional server if your local one is having problems.
Look for VPNs that have servers in as many locations as possible, to give you the best chance of getting a good connection to a FIFA server.
Some FIFA 19 players have also reported experiencing DDoS attacks when playing in online matches. These are often carried out by hostile players looking to get an advantage in a game.
Using any VPN will protect you from DDoS attacks by hiding your location and preventing hackers from getting your IP address. However, it’s best to look for a service with good security features such as DNS leak protection to make sure your IP address stays hidden even if you lose connection.
Lastly, if you like to play FIFA 19 on a console rather than on your PC, you’ll need a VPN with router-compatibility. VPNs don’t provide apps specifically for consoles, so you’ll need to download your VPN directly on to your router then connect your console that way.
Best VPNs for FIFA 19
NordVPN is our highest-rated VPN. Optimized servers and super-fast speeds make it particularly good for gaming.
5,200+ servers across 60 countries will give you hundreds of locations to choose from when looking for a stable connection or to join a different regional FIFA 19 server.
NordVPN will keep you safe from DDoS or DoS attacks with CyberSec software, military-grade encryption, and an additional automatic kill switch with DNS leak protection.
You’ll be able to connect up to 6 devices simultaneously and NordVPN supports apps across all major platforms — including router-compatible clients.
Try NordVPN now with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
If latency is your biggest concern when playing FIFA 19, ExpressVPN has the fastest speeds of all the VPNs we tested.
Best suited to FIFA 19 players who already know a bit about VPNs, ExpressVPN has plenty of customizable features that you can use to optimize it for gaming. It has servers in 160 different locations worldwide and security features such as AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection.
ExpressVPN isn’t as cheap as other services but our users think it’s worthwhile for its unrivaled speeds and router-compatible apps. See for yourself with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
CyberGhost is a good midrange option if you don’t want to pay too much for your VPN subscription but still want to enjoy lots of great features.
A generous 45-day money-back guarantee will give you loads of time to try out CyberGhost’s fast speeds and excellent security, including AES 256-bit encryption, automatic kill switch, DNS and IP leak protection, and built-in ad and malware blockers.
CyberGhost allows you up to 7 connections under one profile so you’ll be able to protect all of your devices. Apps are compatible with all major platforms, including routers.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
If you live in a house of gamers, or just want to protect all of your family’s devices, Surfshark gives you unlimited device connection.
Surfshark apps are available on all major platforms and for routers, so you really will be able to keep all of your gadgets secure.
Despite having a smaller network than most, Surfshark is still able to offer smooth and reliable gaming on its surprisingly fast and P2P-friendly servers. Its server centers span 50+ different countries.
Surfshark will take care of your safety with unique features such as its ad and malware-blocking CleanWeb technology and Camouflage Mode, which hides the fact that you’re using a VPN from your ISP to prevent them from throttling and slowing down your connection.
Try Surfshark out with a 30-day money-back guarantee or read what real users think of this new VPN.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
If you’re looking for a quick and simple way to connect to FIFA 19 with a VPN, PrivateVPN is a fine choice.
PrivateVPN gets great reviews for being so uncomplicated and easy to use — especially when it comes to their range of easy-install apps.
A good option for beginners, all of PrivateVPN’s powerful security features — like military-grade AES 256-encryption and OpenVPN protocols — come as default. This means you don’t have to worry about any tricky setup processes.
The server network is small but still covers 60 countries — you can test speeds for yourself with a 7-day free trial.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Summary and Further Reading
Don’t let latency and high ping ruin your match. Download your favorite VPN now to enjoy quick and reliable FIFA 19 gaming.
Before you make any purchases, remember to check out our updated list of the best VPN deals and coupons.
Looking for NordVPN discounts specifically? You can find NordVPN coupon codes right here.
Finding it hard to make up your mind? We tested the best VPNs for gaming overall.