5 Best Dedicated/Static IP VPNs for 2024 — Review & Guide
- Best VPNs With Dedicated IPs — Full Analysis (Updated 2024
- CyberGhost — Robust Security Features to Safely Access Remote Networks and Avoid Blocks
- Private Internet Access — Dedicated IPs With Impressive Speeds for Smooth Streaming and File Sharing
- NordVPN — Multiple IP Locations for Greater Accessibility
- Surfshark — Easy to Use a Dedicated IP Across Various Operating Systems
- Ivacy VPN — Great-Value Dedicated IP VPN to Use on All Your Devices Simultaneously
- Quick Comparison Table: Dedicated IP VPN Features
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN With a Dedicated IP
- Quick Guide: How to Get a Dedicated IP VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Dynamic/Shared IP vs. Static/Dedicated IP — What’s the Difference?
- Benefits of Using a Dedicated IP
- Disadvantages of Dedicated/Static IP Addresses
- FAQs on the Best Dedicated IP VPN
- Get the Best Dedicated IP VPN
A dedicated/static IP address belongs solely to you, and only a few VPNs offer it. Most just use dynamic IPs, which are shared among users — some of whom might be using it for malicious purposes. Also, when many people use one IP, some sites may flag it as suspicious and block it.
My team and I tested over 40 VPNs that offer dedicated IPs. The parameters analyzed included security, privacy policies, speed, stability, and cost. Each VPN has unique strengths; some shine in online protection, others offer the best speeds, and a few offer various IP locations. By comparing these features, I shortlisted the best dedicated IP VPNs.
CyberGhost is the best VPN with dedicated IPs. It offers a range of IP locations, won't noticeably slow you down, and protects your online privacy with AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. On top of that, it offers an extended money-back guarantee on long-term plans, so you can try CyberGhost’s dedicated IPs free for 45 days.
Short on Time? Here Are the Best Dedicated IP VPNs in 2024
- Editor's ChoiceCyberGhost
Ensures secure, private access to remote networks with ease; includes a risk-free trial.
- Private Internet Access
Ultra-fast 10Gbps network with dedicated IP for seamless UHD streaming.
Dedicated IP in 15 countries for uninterrupted access to your favorite content.
Easy-to-use apps for instant access with a dedicated IP address.
- Ivacy VPN
Budget-friendly dedicated IP VPN, usable on multiple devices at once.
Best VPNs With Dedicated IPs — Full Analysis (Updated 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|A kill switch and leak protection to keep your corporate data private
|11,690 servers in 100 countries, including specialty servers for streaming and torrenting
|Great speeds across its network, with an average speed loss of 5% on nearby servers
|Countries with Dedicated IPs
|Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the US
|Dedicated IP Price
|$2.50/month on a long-term plan
CyberGhost's dedicated IP offers military-grade security features to keep you safe online, such as AES 256-bit encryption (the highest level available), various security protocols (including OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard), and automatic WiFi protection. I also tested CyberGhosts for IP and DNS leaks, and my actual location remained private. Using its US-dedicated IP address, I could safely access my company DB from abroad.
Thanks to its token-based system, your dedicated IP address can't be traced back to you. It links your dedicated IP to a random token only you can generate, preventing even the VPN from knowing which static IP belongs to you. Once I redeemed my token in the app, CyberGhost purged all the information regarding the token from its servers. Just make sure to hold onto your token because you won't be able to access your dedicated IP without it.
In addition to its vast server network, CyberGhost offers a diverse selection of IP locations for dedicated IPs. All the IPs I tested were fast — my speed hovered around 106Mbps using dedicated IPs in the UK, France, and Germany (only a 5% reduction from my base connection of 110.36Mbps. This combination of global coverage and fast speeds makes CyberGhost an excellent choice for quick and reliable access to your corporate accounts when traveling.
The only drawback is that CyberGhost’s monthly plan is expensive and has a short money-back guarantee. However, long-term subscriptions only cost $2.03/month and have a generous refund period. You have 45 days to try CyberGhost for free. I tested its refund policy and found it straightforward.
- RAM-only servers. CyberGhost servers automatically erase all data upon reboot, so your online activities can't be traced back to you. Also, it’s based in Romania, a country with privacy-friendly laws, and adheres to a strict no-logs policy, so it won’t collect your data in the first place.
- Up to 7 device connections. You can simultaneously use your dedicated IP on multiple devices without logging in and out whenever you want to access a particular service. On average, VPNs usually limit you to 5 devices.
- Perfect forward secrecy. This feature generates a new encryption key for each session. In the unlikely case that your current connection is compromised, previous and future session data remains secure.
- 24/7 customer service. CyberGhost offers around-the-clock live chat in different languages (including English, French, and German).
2. Private Internet Access — Dedicated IPs With Impressive Speeds for Smooth Streaming and File Sharing
|Port forwarding on 10Gbps servers to maximize speed with your dedicated IP
|29,650 servers in 91 countries, including streaming-optimized ones
|An average speed drop of only 5% on nearby locations makes it ideal for UHD streaming
|Countries with Dedicated IPs
|Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the US
|Dedicated IP Price
|$2.50/month on a long-term plan
Private Internet Access (PIA) comes with servers optimized for 10Gbps speeds, creating a good foundation for rapid file transfers or streaming. Its speed is further amplified with port forwarding, optimizing your dedicated IP for faster, more efficient data transmission. In my tests, PIA dropped my speed by only 14% testing its US-dedicated IPs from Europe (over 5,000Km from me).
Its security features are highly customizable to suit your needs — speed vs. protection. Choose between AES 256- and 128-bit encryption and various security protocols. For maximum security (for example, when banking online), I suggest using the OpenVPN protocol with AES 256-bit encryption. On top of that, its kill switch and DNS/IPv6 leak protection are automatically enabled, so you don't have to worry about accidental data exposure.
On the downside, the VPN is based in the US, a location with rigorous data retention laws. However, this isn't a problem since your browsing history, downloads, and other personal information stays private as PIA follows a proven no-logs policy.
A long-term subscription costs just $2.03/month, and you can try PIA risk-free since it's backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. I canceled via its 24/7 live chat, and the support agent only asked me one customer-satisfaction question before processing my request. The money was back in my bank account 4 days later.
- Token-based system for its dedicated IPs. Like CyberGhost, PIA uses unique tokens instead of associating a dedicated IP with a specific account. That way, it can't be directly linked back to any account, maintaining a higher level of privacy.
- MACE feature. PIA's built-in adblocker also stops trackers and malware, enhancing your online safety while maintaining an uncluttered browsing experience.
- Split tunneling. This feature lets you decide which apps should use the VPN and which shouldn't. So, you can use your dedicated IP to remotely access your work network while using your regular connection to order food online.
|Get a dedicated IP address in 15 countries for reliable access to your favorite shows and movies
|6,105 servers in 61 countries to avoid delays due to server congestion
|A 7% speed drop on local servers for streaming and torrenting without delays
|Countries with Dedicated IPs
|Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the US
|Dedicated IP Price
|$3.79/month on a long-term plan
NordVPN offers the most dedicated IP locations of all the VPNs I tested. I used my US IP with its proprietary NordLynx protocol, built around WireGuard to enhance speed, making it a great option for uninterrupted browsing and streaming. In my tests, NordVPN reliably assessed popular streaming platforms, including Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer — services known to detect and block VPNs.
It also uses advanced online security tools, like Double VPN, that routes your traffic through two servers, encrypting your connection twice, and DDoS protection to prevent attacks against your server. AES 256-bit encryption and a kill switch keep your data safe from hackers and snoops.
I only wished NordVPN didn't link dedicated IPs to user emails, posing a potential risk to your anonymity. However, it counterbalances this with an independently-audited no-logs policy and its base in Panama, a privacy-friendly jurisdiction. Plus, RAM-only servers ensure none of your data gets stored on a hard drive.
Apps are beginner-friendly, and support is available 24/7 via live chat and email if you have any dedicated IP questions. NordVPN plans start at $3.39/month, but you can use its 30-day money-back guarantee to try it out first. Plus, you can use it on 6 devices simultaneously.
- Threat Protection. This feature works hand in hand with your dedicated IP to enhance your online security. It prevents harmful websites and annoying ads, ensuring your online activities are always safe and uninterrupted.
- Multiple protocols. The protocol selection includes NordLynx and OpenVPN. You can choose the one that best suits your needs for speed and security, contributing to an optimal dedicated IP experience.
- GPS spoofing. It works perfectly for dedicated IPs, as it tricks the system into believing you're physically present in your IP's location.
|An intuitive user interface to quickly get started with your dedicated IP
|3,200 servers in 100 countries that are all P2P friendly for quick and safe torrenting
|Only a 9% speed drop on servers close by for smooth streaming
|Countries with Dedicated IPs
|Australia, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, the Netherlands, the UK, and the US. Locations may change
|Dedicated IP Price
|$3.75/month on a long-term plan
Surfshark apps for all major operating systems (like Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android) are user-friendly. You can even download dedicated IP configuration files for manual connections to your router and use your dedicated IP on all WiFi-connected devices. It took me only 5 minutes during my tests to install Surfshark on my Windows laptop and get a dedicated UK IP. Just select Dedicated IP under the VPN tab. You'll get a notification when your IP is ready to use.
It uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS/IP leak protection to fortify your security. I recommend using the WireGuard protocol. This new generation protocol is built for speed while preserving your online safety. It is faster than most protocols because it has less code and consumes less processing power.
Unfortunately, it's based in the Netherlands, a 14 Eyes Alliance country that shares data on its citizens with partnering governments. However, you're kept anonymous online with a no-logs policy, independently audited by Deloitte.
Surfshark also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to test it for free. I canceled and requested a refund via 24/7 live chat and got an immediate response that my request was being processed. I got my money back in my PayPal wallet that same week.
- CleanWeb. This feature enhances your online experience by blocking unwanted ads and trackers.
- Smart DNS service. Helps in accessing content on devices that might not support VPN apps. However, this feature doesn’t encrypt your traffic, so I don’t recommend it for security-conscious users.
|Lowest priced dedicated IP that can be used on multiple devices under one subscription
|5,700 servers in 100 countries to quickly bypass geo-restriction
|24% speed loss on nearby servers are still fast enough to work online without interruptions
|Countries with Dedicated IPs
|Australia, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and the US
|Dedicated IP Price
|$1.99/month on a long-term plan
Ivacy VPN is competitively priced at only $1/month, with a dedicated IP for less than a cup of coffee. You can also connect 10 devices simultaneously, making it a cost-effective choice for the whole family. Like PIA, it also provides port forwarding, so you can use it for hosting. I tested Ivacy VPN by connecting 9 devices at once, including several smartphones, a Windows laptop, a PC, and an iPad, and experienced no glitches.
You'll get access to a decent selection of dedicated IP locations. While not as fast as other VPNs on my list, Ivacy VPN still managed to show stable speeds in my tests, sufficient for streaming Netflix in HD.
Being headquartered in Singapore, a member of intelligence-sharing alliances is a drawback. I was also concerned when I learned it records the country from which you log in. However, it doesn’t log your actual IP and uses AES 256-bit encryption and the OpenVPN protocol to secure your data, so your online footprint remains obscured.
If you want to test Ivacy VPN, you can use its 30-day money-back guarantee. The refund process is hassle-free. I emailed support and provided my VPN username and the reason for canceling. I got my money back in my bank account after 7 working days.
- Kill switch. If your VPN connection drops unexpectedly, Ivacy VPN automatically blocks your internet access, preventing any data leak. Especially for a dedicated IP, this feature provides an extra safety net against any exposure.
- Supports anonymous payment methods. Ivacy VPN offers options like cryptocurrency payments, allowing you to maintain even more privacy.
Quick Comparison Table: Dedicated IP VPN Features
Here’s a glance at how my shortlisted VPNs stack up against each other in terms of dedicated IP VPN features. This table will give you a brief overview of the offerings of each service. However, prices and locations for dedicated IPs may change.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN With a Dedicated IP
I rigorously evaluated numerous VPNs to identify the top performers for dedicated IPs. These are the criteria I used to pinpoint the best dedicated IP VPNs. If you're keen on conducting your own analysis, feel free to use my list:
- Dedicated IP availability. First, ensure that the VPN offers dedicated IPs as an add-on or part of its standard package.
- Security and privacy features. To ensure your data is well-protected against online threats, look for a VPN with AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS/IP leak protection. A strict no-logs policy is also critical for online anonymity.
- Fast speed. When using a dedicated IP, a VPN should deliver high-speed connections to allow for smooth streaming and browsing.
- Unblocking ability. A quality VPN should reliably access all your subscriptions when traveling, and your work and home network without getting blocked. Looking for a VPN with a global network with various IP locations.
- Easy to use. The best VPNs with dedicated IPs should be user-friendly, and have a straightforward process of acquiring and setting up a dedicated IP.
- Value for money and money-back guarantee. Private IPs usually come at an extra cost, so make sure your VPN is affordable. A tried-and-tested refund policy is essential to ensure the service meets your needs.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Dedicated IP VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend CyberGhost for dedicated IPs. It’s easy to use, fast, secure, and has a trustworthy 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to your dedicated IP. Choose a location that has the content you need. For example, buy a US-dedicated IP to access your American services abroad.
- Start using your dedicated IP. Now you can remotely access your home and business network and avoid annoying CAPTCHAs.
Dynamic/Shared IP vs. Static/Dedicated IP — What’s the Difference?
Shared or dynamic IPs constantly rotate, given the finite count of IP addresses available with each VPN provider. They are temporary, assigned anew with each VPN connection. Dynamic IPs offer more privacy, given the complexity of tracing back to a specific user.
The "bad neighbor effect" refers to the issues faced by users of shared IP addresses. Despite offering anonymity, these shared IPs can lead to constant CAPTCHAs, potential bans, and time-consuming verification on platforms like Google. This is due to the IP being blocklisted because of suspicious activities by previous users, which negatively impacts subsequent users.
A static or dedicated IP belongs to you only, eliminating the "bad-neighbor effect" and CAPTCHAs. You can use it to securely access remote work networks, avoid streaming platforms blocking you because it identifies your shared IP, and avoid VPN blocks and firewalls while traveling.
Benefits of Using a Dedicated IP
Some online tasks are easier if you access the website from the same apparent location and IP every time you visit. Your unique IP goes with you wherever you bring your devices — which wouldn't be the case if you got a dedicated IP from your ISP.
Here are a few online activities for which a dedicated IP is extremely useful:
- Secure remote access to your company network. Since your IP never changes regardless of your location, you’ll always be able to log into your office, school, or smart home network while preventing hackers from accessing it.
- Safe online banking. Avoid banks blocking or temporarily freezing your account because they detect you’re logging in with a shared IP that may have been blocklisted.
- Easily access content. Streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer often block shared IPs. Since your private IP is used only by you, you can avoid this issue.
- Uninterrupted online gaming. You won’t be blocked or interrupted in the middle of a game or influenced by other users’ online activities. A Static IP is better than DHCP for gaming, as DHCPs can be shared connections, which means the activity of other users could reduce your broadband speed.
- Skip the extra verification steps (including CAPTCHAs). Save time by skipping the extra security verification steps each time you log into websites that require it. If you’ve logged in recently with your personal IP address, the platform will remember you and allow you access. The same goes for CAPTCHAs.
- Running a personal blog or using an FTP service. A great way to increase your website or blog security is to allow access to your site’s backend only via your dedicated VPN IP. The same is true for FTP services.
- Avoiding the “bad neighbor” effect. If you have a shared IP that someone used for spamming, scam-baiting, violating rules, or visiting suspicious websites, you might get banned by certain platforms when using it.
Disadvantages of Dedicated/Static IP Addresses
To ensure you are fully informed about the implications of utilizing a dedicated IP address, it's important to be aware of the common drawbacks typically associated with static IPs.
- It’s more expensive. Most VPNs only offer shared dynamic IPs because they are cheaper. Static IPs are usually an added cost to your regular subscription plan.
- You can't change your IP address as often as you want. If you want to change it, you'll need to pay for a new one.
- You can still get personalized ads. Websites can still track you across the web with personalized ads (unless you have an adblocker) using cookies.
- It’s easier to track. When you often change IP addresses, as is the case with dynamic IPs, it is difficult to identify the user. Using a dedicated IP address every time you access a particular site, you’re easier to track.
FAQs on the Best Dedicated IP VPN
Should I get a dedicated IP address?
You don’t need a dedicated IP, but it’s beneficial if you want secure access to your business network or online services in general. It reduces the risk of your activities being flagged as suspicious due to constantly changing IPs. There are many benefits to using a dedicated IP, including quicker file transfers, gaming without lag, and safe e-banking. Since a static IP is less likely to be blocklisted by websites, they can even help you bypass geoblocks more reliably.
How much does a dedicated IP cost?
The cost of a dedicated IP varies with each VPN provider. It generally ranges from $1.50 to $10 per month, charged on top of your standard VPN subscription. You might want to compare the best dedicated IP VPNs to get the best value for your money. Paying a slightly lower price for a dedicated IP may be counterproductive if the VPN is too slow or easily blocklisted.
Can I get a dedicated IP address for free?
Offering a dedicated IP involves certain costs, so it is generally a premium feature. Always be cautious of providers claiming to offer free dedicated IPs as it may compromise your security and privacy. A safer option is using a dedicated IP address from a premium VPN that has a trustworthy money-back guarantee.
Some free VPNs might offer static IPs, but their questionable privacy practices, like logging user activity and selling data to advertisers, compromise your security. These VPNs often lack proper encryption, contain spyware, and are prone to leaks, exposing your online activities to local networks and ISPs. Using such VPNs risks your data and device security.
Are dedicated IP VPNs safe?
Yes, dedicated IP VPNs are safe when provided by reliable providers. It's important to ensure the VPN has strong encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and has a reputation for maintaining user security and privacy. They are great for remote work and online banking access as a dedicated IP won’t get blocked due to others using the same IP for malicious purposes.
However, you may sacrifice some degree of anonymity. This is because you are no longer sharing your IP with hundreds of users, making it easier for the IP to be traced back to you
Which VPN has the best static IP for gaming?
CyberGhost is an excellent choice for gaming with its static IP offering. It provides stable connections, reduces lag, and is less likely to be blocked by gaming servers, leading to a seamless gaming experience. CyberGhost's dedicated IPs are easy to set up and use, so even VPN beginners can get started in no time.
Are dedicated IPs faster?
Dedicated IPs can potentially provide faster speeds as you're not sharing your connection with other VPN users. However, overall VPN speed depends on several factors like server load, your distance from the server, and the VPN protocol used. Make sure to get a VPN with multiple dedicated IP locations, so you can find a server close to you for the best speeds.
Is a static IP needed for port forwarding?
Technically no, but using a static IP is less complicated. It ensures the device's IP address remains constant. This stability is important when directing traffic to specific devices or services within a network. However, only a few VPNs offer port forwarding.
Which VPN has the best static IP for Android devices?
CyberGhost is the best choice when it comes to static IPs for Android. Its native app for Android devices is straightforward and user-friendly. On top of that, it provides impressive speeds, top-tier security features, and a reliable ad blocker. Most importantly, CyberGhost’s dedicated IPs can’t be traced back to you, as it uses an anonymous token-based system to ensure your privacy.
Get the Best Dedicated IP VPN
Finding a VPN that offers dedicated IPs is rare. After exhaustive research and testing, I’ve compiled a list of the best dedicated IP VPNs. So, you can enjoy the advantages of a dedicated IP minus the pitfalls like diminished privacy.
CyberGhost is my top pick for dedicated IPs. In my tests, it provided superior privacy features and speed, dedicated IPs for various countries, and user-friendly applications. Plus, you can try CyberGhost free for 45 days using the extended money-back guarantee on long-term plans.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs with dedicated IPs...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.