How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi Matrix, Leia & More (2024)
- How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi
- Best VPNs for Safely Downloading and Using Ares Wizard With Kodi in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Best Overall VPN for Kodi Addons With Impressive Speeds and Robust Security
- CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers for Reliable Access to Georestricted Platforms on Kodi
- Private Internet Access — Customizable Features to Adjust Speed and Security Levels While Using Kodi
- Quick Guide: How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- FAQs on Installing Ares Wizard on Kodi
- Install Ares Wizard on Kodi in Minutes
Unlike its earlier versions, the new update of Ares Wizard focuses on addon management, providing backups, cleaning the cache, resolving buffering issues, and more, enhancing your streaming experience. However, downloading third-party addons to your Kodi can expose you to various risks, including bad actors snooping on your connection.
A VPN can help mitigate these risks. It masks your IP address and encrypts your online activities. This allows you to safely install Ares Wizard and other Kodi addons without compromising your personal information and online security.
I extensively tested over 30 VPNs, and my top recommendation is ExpressVPN — it reliably protects your sensitive data on Kodi with military-grade encryption. Plus, ExpressVPN stands out for its impressive streaming speeds, which is required for watching high-quality content on Kodi. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free (it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee). Getting a refund is hassle-free if you're not 100% happy with it.
How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi
You can set up Ares Wizard on Kodi Matrix, Leia, and Nexus with just a few simple steps. The setup process is consistent across most devices, like iPhone, Amazon Fire Stick, and Android. Just follow the instructions below to securely install the addon.
1. Get a VPN and Connect to a Secure Server
I recommend ExpressVPN — its military-grade encryption ensures bad actors can’t decipher and steal your data, plus it offers fantastic speeds for streaming. Once you’ve signed up and downloaded the ExpressVPN app, log in to your account and connect to a server by hitting the power symbol. With that, your connection is now secured.
2. Enable Addons From Unknown Sources
Ares Wizard is a third-party addon. This means that to proceed with the installation process, you must set up Kodi to allow addons from unknown sources. On your Kodi, navigate to System Menu, go to the Add-ons section, and enable the Unknown sources toggle.
3. Add the Ares Wizard File Source
Head back to the System menu and select the File Manager icon. Press Add Source and select
4. Rename the File Before Saving It
Confirm that you’re still connected to the VPN server, so your data is protected during the Ares Wizard download process. For convenience, label the file as Ares. It should appear in your File Manager window.
5. Install Ares Wizard Using a Zip File
Kodi will fetch the zip file and place it in the Ares directory you previously created. Navigate to Add-ons, choose the Install from zip file option, and select the script.areswizard.zip file.
6. Finish the Installation
The addon is now active, so you can tap on the Ares Wizard symbol to open it. Set your preferences and follow the instructions on the introductory screens, and then Ares Wizard will be ready to use.
It’s recommended you take care to ensure Ares Wizard remains up to date, as the app will not automatically update. To perform a manual update, navigate to Information within the app and press the Update button.
Why You Need a VPN to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi
Kodi has a vast media collection, which is undeniably appealing, but a significant portion of its add-ons are unofficial — including Ares Wizard. Installing any third-party addon can leave you open to cyber threats. Hackers may attempt to intercept your connection, steal your online credentials, or obtain your personal information.
To ensure your online activity remains safe, it's crucial to use a reliable VPN. It lets you safely download, install, and use addons on Kodi (Matrix, Leia, Nexus, and more) without being targeted by bad actors. A VPN sends your Kodi activity through a secure encrypted tunnel, ensuring your connection cannot be hijacked, and that your sensitive info remains private.
VPNs are also invaluable for bypassing geo-restrictions on certain Kodi addons. They allow you to mask your IP address with one from the VPN server, letting you appear as if you’re browsing from the server location instead. This lets you access content normally unavailable in your region.
Best VPNs for Safely Downloading and Using Ares Wizard With Kodi in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Fast and secure servers to install Ares Wizard on Kodi without worry
|3,000 servers in 105 countries to quickly bypass geo-blocks
|101.29Mbps (5% slower than my usual connection)
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Disney+, Peacock TV, ITVX, and more
Pairing ExpressVPN with Ares Wizard can significantly enhance your Kodi streaming experience. Ares Wizard will optimize your streaming speeds, while ExpressVPN’s military-grade encryption keeps you secure. What’s particularly good about ExpressVPN is that it has minimal impact on your speed, with my tests showing only a 5% drop (thanks in part to its impressive Lightway protocol). Most VPNs slow you down by 50% or more, leaving you unable to stream in high quality on Kodi without giving up your security.
The extensive server network enables consistent and reliable access to Kodi streaming content from various locations. When I was in Europe, I could access the US Netflix library on Kodi simply by connecting to an American server. ExpressVPN also makes unblocking other streaming services, such as Disney+, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer, hassle-free.
ExpressVPN also keeps your private information secure from snoopers. Its robust IP/DNS/WebRTC leak protection ensures your real location is never compromised, and its Trusted server tech (RAM-only servers) guarantees that your online activity is regularly wiped and not stored by the company. These privacy-focused features make ExpressVPN a highly reliable option for Kodi users who use unofficial addons like Ares Wizard.
One drawback is the high price. Luckily, ExpressVPN regularly runs enticing deals to make it more affordable. When I opted for the 12-month plan, I got 49% off and 3 additional months free, settling on a final rate of just $6.67/month. The VPN is also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try it risk free.
- MediaStreamer. ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer feature allows you to easily stream content on Kodi via your Apple TV, which doesn’t normally support VPNs. The process to set it up is simple and takes only a few minutes.
- Easy-to-use apps. All of ExpressVPN’s apps are easy to install and offer a beginner-friendly interface, making it ideal for those new to VPNs. It works on all major operating systems, including Android, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Windows.
- Unlimited bandwidth. You can safely download as many third-party addons (like Ares Wizard) as you want without slowdowns.
- Works on restrictive networks. ExpressVPN makes your VPN traffic look like regular internet traffic. This lets you access your favorite Kodi services, including Ares Wizard, on restrictive networks that normally block VPN traffic.
2. CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers for Reliable Access to Georestricted Platforms on Kodi
|Servers dedicated to consistently unblocking streaming platforms without interruptions
|11,683 servers in 100 countries to unblock the content you need
|94.66Mbps (11% slower than my usual connection)
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Disney+, Peacock TV, ITVX, and more
CyberGhost has dedicated servers to ensure smooth access to georestricted streaming platforms on Kodi. With CyberGhost’s Netflix US server, I accessed my Netflix account on Kodi effortlessly — every single time I tried. It also has plenty of specialized servers for other platforms, including BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Disney+.
Throughout my CyberGhost tests, I got excellent speeds. My average download speed dropped by only 11%, which wasn’t noticeable. This, combined with the optimization benefits of Ares Wizard, meant I could consistently stream interruption-free on Kodi. CyberGhost also offers unlimited bandwidth, so you can stream as much as you like without hitting any limits.
Like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost uses AES 256-bit encryption to scramble your traffic. This secures your connection and lets you download Ares Wizard (and other unofficial addons) without the risk of hackers listening in or hijacking your device. Plus, it has a dedicated content blocker that automatically blocks links and ads associated with trackers and malware.
That said, the monthly subscription is on the higher side, and it only comes with a short 14-day money-back guarantee. However, long-term plans are more affordable, starting at just $2.03/month. These also come with an extended money-back guarantee that lets you try CyberGhost free for 45 days.
- Smart rules. CyberGhost is already quick to set up and use, but you can automate its behavior to make it even more convenient. For example, by using CyberGhost’s Smart rules feature, I could set the VPN to automatically open Kodi whenever I connected to a server on my Windows laptop.
- IP/DNS leak protection. Across all my tests, CyberGhost didn’t leak my real location once. This allowed me to delve deep into Kodi and Ares Wizard without worrying about online snoops finding my personal information.
- Zero-logs policy. CyberGhost also has an audited no-logs policy that ensures your sensitive data is not stored or shared with third parties. Your activity with Kodi and Ares Wizard will be kept private.
3. Private Internet Access — Customizable Features to Adjust Speed and Security Levels While Using Kodi
|Adjustable toggles that let you optimize for faster speeds or better security
|29,650 servers in 91 countries to easily access your favorite streaming platforms
|89.41Mbps (16% slower than my usual connection)
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Disney+, Peacock TV, ITVX, and more
PIA is rich in customization, letting you modify encryption standards and adjust VPN protocols for better security or improved speeds. For top security while downloading Ares Wizard, I recommend using AES 256-bit encryption and the OpenVPN protocol. For streaming, I recommend lowering the encryption level to 128-bit and using the fast WireGuard protocol.
It has a massive network, so you won’t run into overcrowded servers that may slow or interrupt your Ares Wizard installation. PIA also has streaming-optimized servers to easily unblock your favorite services. They’re located in the US, the UK, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Japan, and Australia. During my PIA tests, I used the US server to successfully unblock Hulu on my Kodi device.
While it was slower than both CyberGhost and ExpressVPN, PIA still offered fast speeds, ensuring a fast download of Ares Wizard and smooth streaming on Kodi. I could enjoy live TV in full HD without any slowdowns.
It’s possible to get PIA for just $2.03/month. Plus, thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee (available with every plan), you can try the service for free.
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections. PIA allows multiple family members to maintain their Kodi installation with Ares Wizard and stream their favorite content, all under a single plan. Even with multiple devices connected, I didn’t notice any slowdowns.
- The MACE blocker. PIA keeps intrusive ads and trackers at bay, keeping your Kodi experience private and safe from disruptions.
Quick Guide: How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN for its excellent speeds and robust security measures. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server. Choose a nearby location for the best speeds.
- Install Ares Wizard. Now on Kodi, add the Ares Wizard file source within your File Manager (enter either “http://areswizard.co.uk” or “http://ares-repo.eu/” by pressing Add Source, then
) then navigate to Add-ons and install the newly downloaded Ares Wizard zip file.
FAQs on Installing Ares Wizard on Kodi
Is Ares Wizard legal?
Using the latest build of Ares Wizard is legal. However, older versions may not be — this is because they could be used to access pirated content, which is why it was eventually taken down via legal action. While the current build may be legal, keep in mind that Ares Wizard is a third-party addon — it’s possible hackers could exploit your connection via the service. That’s why I always recommend using a quality VPN with Ares Wizard to stay secure.
Why is Ares Wizard not working?
Ares Wizard might not be working because you’re still on the old build. The previous versions have been discontinued and are illegal to use. Try installing the latest Ares Wizard build and see if that fixes your issue.
Are there any Ares Wizard alternatives?
There are some popular Ares Wizard alternatives. Just bear in mind that if you want to use third-party Kodi addons safely, you should connect to a VPN and protect your online activity. Here are some potential alternatives for Ares Wizard:
- Supreme Builds Wizard. Similar to Ares Wizard, it offers various Kodi builds with pre-configured add-ons, themes, and settings. It allows users to easily install complete setups tailored to their media consumption needs.
- Lost Builds Wizard. It provides Kodi builds with a curated selection of add-ons, layouts, and features, allowing users to quickly set up a well-organized and fully functional Kodi environment.
- Stream Digital Wizard. This is another third-party tool that offers Kodi builds and addons. The purpose is similar to other build wizards — to simplify setting up Kodi by offering pre-made configurations that include popular add-ons and content sources.
How can I install Ares Wizard on Fire Stick?
Installing Ares Wizard on a Fire Stick involves a few steps. Please note that downloading and installing third-party addons can pose a security risk, so proceed with caution and use a reliable VPN for added security.
- Enable Unknown Sources. Go to your Fire Stick home screen, choose Settings, and click on Device. Toggle on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Download the Downloader app. Return to the home screen and use the search function to find the app Downloader. Download and install it.
- Open Downloader. Once installed, open Downloader. Go to the URL section and type in the Ares Wizard URL (either “http://areswizard.co.uk” or “http://ares-repo.eu/”).
- Download the Ares Wizard file. Follow the on-screen instructions to download the Ares Wizard.zip file.
- Install Ares Wizard. Go back to the Fire Stick main menu, then go to Settings, Applications, then Manage Installed Applications. Scroll down to find the Downloader app and open it. Locate the Ares Wizard.zip file you just downloaded and select Install.
- Open Ares Wizard. Once installed, you can access Ares Wizard from your Fire Stick’s addon section. From here, you can adjust settings, fix buffering issues, or perform addon updates.
How can I change Kodi cache settings using Ares Wizard?
There are several steps you have to follow to change Kodi cache settings using Ares Wizard. First things first, when using any third-party addons like Ares Wizard, it’s recommended to connect a VPN to hide your data from potential snoopers. With that done, follow the steps below:
- From the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons and then Program Add-ons.
- Find and click on the Ares Wizard add-on to open it.
- Go to Tweaks and open Advanced Settings.
- Click Next and choose Generate Settings.
- Use the slider to change the Video Cache Size size if needed.
- Choose the number 2 on the Buffer Mode.
- Apply and save your changes.
Install Ares Wizard on Kodi in Minutes
You can install the Ares Wizard addon in just a few steps, but it may expose you to cyber threats. To maintain your online privacy and keep bad actors at bay, I advise using a reliable VPN service.
My top recommendation for safely downloading and using Ares Wizard is ExpressVPN. It offers robust security measures to protect your online privacy and excellent speeds for uninterrupted streaming on Kodi. This means you can download third-party addons like Ares Wizard without security concerns, and enjoy high-quality content from anywhere. Better yet, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free, thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs to safely install Ares Wizard on Kodi…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.