How to Install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick – 2021 Update
- Quick Guide: How to Install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick in 2021
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch Any Movie Without Lag
- CyberGhost — Specialized Servers for the Best Streaming Experience
- How to Set Up Your Amazon Fire TV Stick From Anywhere
- FAQs on Installing a VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Install a VPN on Your Amazon Fire TV Stick Now!
With 300+ existing VPNs, finding one that works on your Amazon Fire TV Stick is indeed a complicated mission. I went through the exact same dilemma when I first set mine up. However, after testing and trying over 30 VPNs, I found one that works perfectly with the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Only the best VPN made it on my list so that you can unblock any streaming library from all over the world. Additionally, you get access to specialized streaming servers with impressive speeds, so your experience is truly bufferless.
I recommend ExpressVPN for its large server network that allows you to connect to thousands of servers in the entire world. You can try it out risk-free and if you’re not satisfied, you can claim a full refund within 30 days.
- Get a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN because its large server network can unblock Hulu, HBO Max, Netflix, etc. You can download it directly from your device on the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Connect to your target country. You can connect to thousands of servers all around the world.
- Start browsing and streaming anonymously!
Why You Need to Install a VPN on Your Amazon Fire TV Stick
Even though you can use the Amazon Fire TV Stick anywhere, some movies and shows are only available in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc. To access these libraries, you need to install a VPN on your device.
A VPN bypasses any geoblocks set by the streaming platforms by changing your IP address. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc, will simply see you accessing them from wherever you connect, even if you’re thousands of miles away.
Just connect to a server and watch any movie or show available in that country in a matter of seconds.
- Superfast speeds to watch any movie without buffering
- 3,000 servers for a reliable connection
- MediaStreamer to connect devices that normally don’t support VPNs
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN has lightning-fast speeds. I tested its servers in Atlanta, London, and Toronto and was surprised to find them running at an average of 48 Mbps. This is more than enough to stream in HD on Amazon Fire TV Stick, and the location of the server didn’t affect my speed at all.
I was very impressed that ExpressVPN’s large server network can unblock all the major streaming platforms. I downloaded its Android app on my Amazon Fire TV stick and tried 7 of its servers in the US and Australia. I successfully bypassed Hulu and Netflix’s geoblocks on all of them, even if I was on the other side of the world. You can browse and stream your favorite shows without worrying about geo-restrictions.
One minor issue is that ExpressVPN is a little pricey. However, you can use this awesome 49% off discount and save some money.
ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day money back guarantee so you can test it out risk-free and claim a refund if you’re not happy with it. I decided to try it myself, and I reached out to the 24/7 live chat support to cancel on day 22. My request was approved in a few seconds, and I had my money back in 5 days.
- Impressive speeds to watch your favorite shows lag-free
- 7,100 servers to unblock the most popular streaming platforms
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, gaming consoles, and more
CyberGhost offers specialized streaming servers, so unblocking streaming platforms is a breeze. I immediately bypassed HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix’s geoblocks and watched all the US classics. This way you’ll be able to watch all your favorite shows across many streaming services.
It has superfast speeds, so your streaming experience will always be buffer-free. During my tests, I never noticed anything under 45 Mbps. Since you only need 5 Mbps to stream any movie or show in HD, this was more than enough. You’ll never have to deal with interruptions while watching movies on the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
CyberGhost allows you to connect up to 7 devices to its servers. I tested it by connecting my iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Windows laptop. My connection never dropped, and I didn’t have any problems unblocking my favorite streaming services and websites. This means that you can use the VPN to watch any movies and shows from any device.
My only problem with CyberGhost is that its short-term subscriptions are a little expensive. However, you can get its 85% discount for its longer plans. This way, you can take advantage of all its benefits for as little as $1.99/month a month.
You can also make the best of its extended money-back period of 45 days. I wanted to see how the refund process works, so I contacted the support team on the last day of my subscription. The agent only asked me why I was cancelling, but approved my request without hesitation. I had my money back in 5 days.
There are two ways of installing a VPN on your Amazon Fire TV Stick:
Install a VPN from the Amazon Appstore
- Get a VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN because it easily unlocks any streaming platform’s library from anywhere.
- Search for the VPN app. If it doesn’t show up in the Amazon Appstore, it means that it’s not compatible with your Amazon Fire TV Stick, so you need to use the second method.
- Download the app. Press on the Download button and give it a minute to install.
- Open the VPN. Look for the newly installed VPN on your application list.
- Log in to your account. In order to use the VPN, you need to log in with the credentials you created in step #1.
- Connect to a server. Choose a server from the list and connect.
- Browse and stream with no restrictions!
Install a VPN using the APK file
If you can’t find the VPN in your Amazon Appstore, you’ll need to manually download the APK file from the VPNs website. Modded apps from unknown websites may contain malware, so try to only download them from official websites.
- Set up the permissions. Before you install any APKs on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you need to go to the settings tab, then “My Fire TV” and find the Developer Options. You will see an option called “Allow Apps from Unknown Sources” – click on it, and turn it on. You can deactivate it after you install the VPN.
- Search for Downloader. It’s an app that allows you to download files on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Get the Downloader. Once you find it, click on “Download.”
- Launch the app. After the download has finished, you’ll see the “Open” button. Click on it to open the Downloader.
- Find the download link. In order to download the APK, you need to find the download link on the VPNs website.
- Download the APK. To download it, you only need to enter the link in the Downloader, and you should see the install option. In some cases, you may need to go to the download tab of the Downloader and choose the APK file from there.
- Find the VPN. Since you installed the VPN through another app, you’ll find it under Settings, Applications, and then Manage Installed Applications.
- Launch the client. Simply select the VPN and click on Launch Application.
- Sign in to your VPN app. Use the credentials you signed up with.
- Connect to a server. Choose a server from the list and connect.
- Browse and stream with no restrictions!
FAQs on Installing a VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Can I use an Amazon Fire TV Stick in Ireland and India?
Technically yes, but there’s a little more to it. The Amazon Fire TV stick works in 80+ countries, but the libraries are different. If you reside in the European Union and travel to another European country, you’ll have access to your home country’s library.
Still, if you set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick anywhere else in the world, you’ll need to change your device’s location when you travel and watch the shows available there. Make sure to check the list of countries where Prime Video is supported. Prime Video rentals are only available in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Japan.
To get around these rules, you can install a VPN on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. This way, you’ll easily bypass any geoblocks and access all your favorite shows even when traveling.
Is there a monthly charge for Amazon Fire TV Stick?
No, there isn’t. However, the Amazon Fire TV Stick simply turns your TV into a SmartTV, so if you want to access certain streaming platforms, you need subscriptions for them.
If you’re worried about money, ExpressVPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee — you don’t have to commit, so if you’re not satisfied with it you can claim a refund within the guarantee period.
? Can I use a free VPN for Fire TV Stick?
Technically yes, but I don’t recommend it. Free VPNs have limited bandwidths, so you’d only be able to use them for a few hours before losing access. On top of that, the provided IP addresses may already be blocked by the streaming platforms, so you’d be stuck on watching shows from your country.
It’s best if you quickly set up a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and watch your favorite US titles effortlessly from the comfort of your home.
Install a VPN on Your Amazon Fire TV Stick Now!
Your Amazon Fire TV Stick can access any streaming platform’s library from any country with a VPN. It simply changes your IP address, and Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., will give you full access to their libraries.
My recommendation is ExpressVPN, as its extensive server network and ultra-fast speeds will instantly connect your Amazon Fire TV Stick to any streaming platform. Remember that you can try it risk-free because it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can always ask for a refund if you don’t like it.
To summarize, the best VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.