How to Watch Netflix in Turkey With a VPN in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Netflix in Turkey With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs for Watching Netflix in Turkey — Full Analysis (Updated in 2024)
- ExpressVPN — Impressive Server Speeds for Streaming Netflix in Turkey in the Best Quality
- CyberGhost — Dedicated Servers for Streaming Netflix in Turkey Without Interruptions
- Private Internet Access — Unlimited Connections for Streaming Netflix in Turkey on Multiple Devices
- IPVanish — Scramble Mode Lets You Watch Netflix in Turkey on Restrictive Networks
- PrivateVPN — Intuitively Designed Apps for Easily Watching Netflix in Turkey
- FAQs on How to Watch Netflix in Turkey
- Securely Watch Netflix in Turkey in Minutes
Several websites are banned in Turkey, but Netflix is still available. However, the variety of shows and movies you can watch on Netflix Turkey is limited compared to some other libraries, such as those in the US and UK.
In theory, a VPN could give you a foreign IP address and enable access to Netflix from abroad. However, such action would breach the terms and conditions of the streaming service and might amount to an act of copyright infringement.
If you’re in Turkey and want to ensure Netflix doesn't track your online activity, my top recommendation for private streaming sessions is ExpressVPN. It was also the fastest VPN I tested, allowing me to stream shows and movies in UHD without buffering. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free because it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Netflix in Turkey With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has robust security features and impressive speeds. Testing ExpressVPN is risk-free since it’s covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- If you’re in Turkey, connect to a Turkish server. Closeby servers will offer you the best speeds for streaming.
- Start streaming on Netflix. Safely access your favorite shows and movies.
Best VPNs for Watching Netflix in Turkey — Full Analysis (Updated in 2024)
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Lightway protocol that provides fast speeds for buffer-free streaming
|100Mbps on US servers, just a 6% drop from my baseline connection
|3,000 servers in 105 countries, including Turkey
|Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Fire Stick/Fire TV, Apple TV, Kodi, Chrome, Firefox, routers, and more
ExpressVPN delivers excellent connections for streaming Netflix in Turkey thanks to its proprietary protocol, Lightway. A protocol determines how a VPN securely routes your traffic — Lightway uses less code, which helps to boost speeds. Most VPNs slow you down significantly, but I got fast speeds on the Turkish ExpressVPN servers I tested. They clocked an impressive 100Mbps (only a 6% drop from my usual speeds).
Thanks to reliable Turkish servers, I watched Illegal Hayattar on my Netflix Turkey account in HD without buffering while in Istanbul. Plus, every server is obfuscated, meaning that your VPN connection is automatically disguised as regular traffic. This allows you to bypass VPN blocks and watch Netflix on restrictive networks (like schools and workplaces) with no trouble. Your connection is also always secured with military-grade encryption.
ExpressVPN offers easy-to-use apps for most devices. In addition, its MediaStreamer feature lets you watch Netflix on devices that don’t natively support VPNs, like Apple TV, Roku, and game consoles (PS4, Xbox, etc). Alternatively, you can easily install ExpressVPN on your router, allowing you to secure every device connected to your network.
Compared to other services, the subscriptions are slightly expensive. However, the price is justified, given the reliability of the VPN. The service also often offers generous discounts. I got 49% off and purchased the yearly plan for just $6.67/month. I also got an extra 3 months free, and could connect up to 8 devices simultaneously on one subscription. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee that lets you try the whole ExpressVPN service risk-free.
- Unlimited bandwidth. There are no limits on your data or bandwidth usage. So you can stream Netflix in Turkey through ExpressVPN as much as you like.
- Network Lock. ExpressVPN’s kill switch feature cuts off your internet if the VPN connection drops. This, alongside ExpressVPN’s robust and always-active leak protection, prevents your real IP address from ever being exposed to online snoopers.
- Split tunneling. You can decide which apps connect via the VPN and which stay on your regular internet. For example, your Netflix traffic can route through the VPN servers while other apps use your regular IP address (handy for avoiding security alerts on banking apps).
- Zero logs policy. ExpressVPN doesn’t record or monitor anything you do while connected, thanks to a strict no-logs policy that’s been verified by independent audits.
|Netflix-optimized servers Netflix-optimized servers for reliable streaming
|Connections averaging 87Mbps (18% slower than my regular internet)
|11,683 servers in 100 countries, including Turkey
|Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Fire Stick/Fire TV, Apple TV, Kodi, Chrome, Firefox, routers, and more
CyberGhost provides a server that is specifically optimized for streaming Netflix Turkey with high reliability and quality. This server can be conveniently located under the For streaming section within its app interface. In my testing from within Turkey, I experienced immediate access to the Netflix Turkey library and watched my favorite shows without delays.
The speeds are great for streaming online. While in Turkey, the Istanbul servers averaged 87Mbps, just an 18% deviation from my base internet speeds. CyberGhost seamlessly supported 4K streaming when I watched Turkish series like Resurrection: Ertugrul on my Netflix account. You can also stream without worrying about reaching data caps because CyberGhost doesn't limit bandwidth.
CyberGhost maintains the same intuitive design across most apps. Connecting to a server is quick and effortless, even for those who aren't tech-savvy. CyberGhost also offers a Smart DNS feature similar to ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer, enabling you to easily watch Netflix in Turkey on devices that don't normally support VPNs.
Subscribing to CyberGhost monthly is a bad idea, it’s the most expensive option and only offers a 14-day money-back guarantee. The extended plans are more affordable, starting from just $2.03/month. They also provide an extended money-back guarantee, allowing you to try CyberGhost for 45 days free.
- Multiple device connections. All plans allow for 7 simultaneous connections, meaning members of your household can stream Netflix in Turkey on their own devices without interrupting each other.
- Smart rules. CyberGhost can be set to automatically connect to a server of your choice when you open the browser you use for streaming, saving you time. It can also be set to automatically connect whenever it detects you’re on an unsecured public WiFi network, ensuring your connection is always secure.
3. Private Internet Access — Unlimited Connections for Streaming Netflix in Turkey on Multiple Devices
|Your whole family can stream Netflix on their preferred devices simultaneously
|82Mbps (23% slower than my base internet connection)
|29,650 servers in 91 countries, including Turkey
|Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Fire Stick/Fire TV, Kodi, Chrome, Firefox, routers, and more
You get unlimited simultaneous connections with PIA — all for $2.03/month. I didn’t experience any issues even when I streamed Netflix in Turkey with 8 devices at the same time. It also supports nearly all popular devices, including smart TVs (like Android TV, Nvidia Shield TV, and Nexus Player).
Even when linking numerous devices, the consistency of my speeds on the Turkey servers was maintained as I enjoyed episodes of Black Money Love and Fatma. My connection registered at 84Mbps, experiencing a mere 25% reduction from my normal internet speed. This was significantly higher than the 25Mbps required for UHD streaming on Netflix.
My only concern about PIA is that there are a lot of complex security settings. This can be a bit confusing if you’ve never used a VPN before. That said, the default settings are already set to a good configuration for streaming, so my advice would be to leave the toggles as they are if you’re not an advanced VPN user.
- Flexible security. If you do want to adjust PIA’s settings, there’s plenty to play with. For example, you can choose between 128-bit encryption, which is faster, but you can also choose 256-bit encryption for enhanced online security.
- Leak protection. PIA’s IPv4, IPv6, and DNS leak protection prevent any accidental exposure of your location or personal data.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. You can test PIA for free. I tested PIA’s guarantee for myself and got my money back into my account 4 days later.
|Server obfuscation lets you watch Netflix Turkey in schools and offices
|Fast speeds of up to 75Mbps for streaming on Turkish servers
|2,200 servers in 75 countries, including Turkey (Istanbul)
|Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Fire Stick/Fire TV, Kodi, Chrome, routers, and more
IPVanish has a Scramble Mode that reliably lets you evade VPN-blocking firewalls to watch Netflix on restrictive networks like some schools and workplaces. It adds an obfuscation layer to your traffic so that restrictive networks can’t detect and block your connection. This feature is enabled when you switch to the OpenVPN protocol and connect to a Turkish server to watch Netflix in Turkey.
It didn't disappoint on speeds, either. While in Istanbul, I streamed Netflix in 4K on Turkish servers without experiencing any buffering, thanks to an average speed of 75Mbps.
I do have to point out that IPVanish isn’t as reliable for accessing streaming platforms as the other recommendations on my list. For example, it struggles to get around Amazon Prime Video’s VPN blocks. However, I never had any issues accessing Netflix during my tests — so it’s a reliable service for Netflix Turkey, US, or whichever library you usually use.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections. Like PIA, IPVanish doesn’t place any limitations on how many devices you can connect to at once.
- Private servers. All IPVanish servers are owned and run by the company's staff to reduce the chances of any third party snooping on your activities.
|Simple-looking apps suitable for VPN beginners
|Connections ranging from 70–80Mbps on Turkish servers I tested
|200 servers in 63 countries, including Turkey (Istanbul)
|Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Fire Stick/Fire TV, Kodi, routers, and more
PrivateVPN's user-friendly apps let you watch Netflix in Turkey without hassle. Finding a fast Turkish server can be done straight from the home screen — simply search “Turkey”. You can even save the servers that work well with Netflix as “favorites” to easily access them again in the future. The apps are compatible with various streaming devices, including smart TVs.
The network coverage is slightly smaller than the other VPNs I tested, but PrivateVPN has plenty of reliable servers in Turkey. The smaller network doesn’t dampen the speeds either; the VPN still delivers fast connections for streaming in 4K. I only encountered a 34% dip from my usual speeds while watching Shahmaran on my Netflix Turkey account from Istanbul.
You can try PrivateVPN for free before committing fully because it's supported by a 30-day money-back guarantee. I was disappointed that it doesn’t accept Google Pay as a billing method. However, there are still other ways to subscribe, including PayPal and Bitcoin.
- High-Quality Network (HQN) servers. These unique servers offer fast speeds and low latency to support smooth Netflix streaming.
- Remote installation. If you’ve never set up a VPN before, the PrivateVPN support team can remotely install and configure the VPN for you.
FAQs on How to Watch Netflix in Turkey
Does Netflix work in Turkey?
Yes, Turkey has its own Netflix library, but it’s fairly limited in comparison to other countries. Since some ISPs impose bandwidth restrictions, use a reliable VPN to avoid bandwidth throttling while binge-watching your favorite shows in Turkey.
That said, Netflix Turkey does offer some popular Turkish shows, such as the following:
|Rise of Empires: Ottoman
|Who Were We Running From?
|Black Money Love
Can I watch Turkish Netflix on Android, iPhone, and smart TVs?
Yes, the Netflix streaming app can be downloaded on phones and smart TVs. If you stream your favorite shows on your phone from cafes, airports, or other public spaces, use a VPN to keep your data safe on unsecured WiFi networks. You only need to connect to a Turkish server, log in to your Netflix account, and you’re good to go.
How do I get a Turkish IP address?
If you’re in Turkey, you get a Turkish IP address simply by connecting to a WiFi network. However, if you’re roaming internationally from your mobile while in Turkey, your assigned IP address is from your home country. So, in this case, using a VPN to set your IP to Turkey is what you’d need to do in order to comply with Netflix’s T&Cs and avoid any copyright infringement.
Do you have to pay for Netflix in Turkey?
Yes, Netflix charges Turkish viewers — it has the same Basic, Standard, and Premium plan options as everywhere else. However, the prices may differ with other countries due to currency exchange rates and regional pricing policies. I recommend using a quality VPN to ensure your sensitive payment information remains secure when paying for Netflix or any other service.
How do I get Turkish subtitles on Netflix?
Click on the subtitle icon and choose Turkish from the list of languages. The button is located at the bottom-right corner of the streaming screen. However, please keep in mind that not all content on Netflix is subtitled in Turkish.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Netflix in Turkey?
Probably not, as free VPNs often have limited server selections, and you're unlikely to find one with Turkish servers. Premium VPNs with trustworthy money-back guarantees are far more reliable for watching Netflix in Turkey.
Even free VPNs with decent server networks place other limitations on your activity, such as restricting your speeds, bandwidth, and security features. At worst, free VPNs and proxies may collect your data and sell it to third parties for a profit. Some also have hidden trackers and malware that may harm your device.
Securely Watch Netflix in Turkey in Minutes
If you wish to enjoy your beloved Netflix Turkey shows from Turkey without worrying about streaming sites tracking your online activity or ISPs throttling your speeds, a top-notch VPN is essential. All VPNs on my list offer robust security features and fast speeds for buffer-free streaming.
I recommend ExpressVPN because it works well with Netflix. It has highly reliable servers in Turkey to secure your connection. The speeds are also great for UHD streaming in Turkey. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching Netflix in Turkey are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.