How to Watch Shutter Island From Anywhere in 2021
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Shutter Island From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPN to Watch Shutter Island From Anywhere in 2021
- ExpressVPN — Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch Shutter Island With Zero Buffering
- Where Can I Watch Shutter Island Online?
- How to Sign Up for Netflix to Watch Shutter Island
- FAQs on Watching Shutter Island With a VPN
- Start Watching Shutter Island Now
I’m a huge fan of psychological thriller films, and Shutter Island is a must-see for this genre. So I sat with some popcorn, preparing to have a movie night, but quickly realized I couldn’t access it from my location. Feeling discouraged, I searched for a solution — after a series of tests, I found a way to watch it on Netflix US.
To watch Shutter Island from anywhere, you just need a VPN. It works by masking your real IP address and assigning you a new one from a non-restricted location. This way, it makes streaming platforms think you’re in a different area, so you can unblock their libraries.
From the 30+ VPNs I tested, ExpressVPN worked best for me. It has thousands of servers that bypass Netflix’s geoblocks, so I could enjoy Shutter Island in just a few minutes. Plus, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free, backed by its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Shutter Island From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN. Its extensive server network gets straight past geoblocks, so you can watch Shutter Island from anywhere.
- Connect to a server in the US. Shutter Island is available to watch in the US, so that’s where you need to connect.
- Enjoy Shutter Island. Access Netflix and start watching!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Shutter Island
Streaming services like Netflix aren’t permitted to stream content in every location due to broadcasting restrictions. This means that Shutter Island is geoblocked and the only way to get past these blocks is with a VPN.
A VPN is a private network of servers accessible through an app. It provides you with a new IP address while masking your true location and identity. To Netflix, it appears that you’re located in the US, giving you access to Shutter Island.
This means that you just need to connect to a US server with a VPN, and watch Shutter Island no matter where you are!
- Superfast speeds to watch Shutter Island without interruption
- 3,000 servers to easily bypass restrictions and access Netflix US from anywhere
- MediaStreamer lets you watch movies on devices that typically don’t support VPNs
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN’s connections are impressively quick. I ran tests on 5 US servers — Miami, LA, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, and New York. No matter which server I tested, I encountered zero lag and recorded an average speed of 55 Mbps. The app even displays “Smart Locations,” so you know which server to connect to for the fastest speeds. You’re sure to have zero buffering while watching Shutter Island.
I was happy to see ExpressVPN’s server network has no problem unblocking restricted content. It didn’t matter which location I tested in the US— they all accessed Netflix with ease. It was just as easy to unblock Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ with it. You’ll always have a reliable server, so you can unblock Netflix US from anywhere.
MediaStreamer lets you watch Shutter Island on any WiFi-enabled device. I like watching movies on the big screen, so I tested this feature with my Smart TV. After inputting an activation code in its settings, it worked fine — it only took about 5 minutes. This means that you’ll have no problem watching Shutter Island on your favorite device.
A small con with ExpressVPN is that it’s a bit pricey. However, I found a way to make your subscription a little more affordable. You can use this 49% discount when you sign up!
It’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free and claim a refund if you aren’t happy with it. To test this, I reached out to a representative via live chat and asked for my refund. The agent was friendly and didn’t pressure me to stay. After a quick chat, my request was approved and I saw the money back in my account in 5 days.
Where Can I Watch Shutter Island Online?
Shutter Island is available on a variety of streaming platforms, like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. The least expensive option is Vudu, but you need a US payment method to access it. If you don’t live in the US, the best option is Netflix. I recommend a reliable VPN (like ExpressVPN) to bypass its geoblocks.
How to Sign Up for Netflix to Watch Shutter Island
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN for its large server network. It easily bypasses restrictions, so you can watch Shutter Island from anywhere.
- Create a Netflix account. Access Netflix and create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Connect to a US server. Shutter Island is available to watch on Netflix’s US library.
- Start watching Shutter Island!
FAQs on Watching Shutter Island With a VPN
Can I watch Shutter Island for free?
It depends on where you are. Some Netflix locations such as Cyprus or Albania offer a 30-day free-trial and have Shutter Island in their library. Be sure to check Netflix’s special offers in your country to see if you’re eligible.
Is Shutter Island on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video?
Shutter Island is available on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, but not on Hulu. If you already have a subscription for Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, you will just need to get past regional geoblocks with a VPN. You can even try ExpressVPN risk-free, backed by its money-back guarantee.
What devices can I watch Netflix on?
You can watch Netflix on several devices including Smart TVs, Roku, Chromecast, game consoles, computers, and more. Keep in mind that some gadgets don’t support VPNs, so it can be tricky to watch Shutter Island with them. As a solution, you can quickly set up any of these VPNs on your router and watch on any device in no time.
Start Watching Shutter Island Now
Prepare for a movie night full of thrills! You’re sure to be captivated by the plot twists and climaxes of Shutter Island. All you need is a VPN to get past Netflix’s geoblocks and straight to watching. It will mask your identity while connecting you to a server in the US, where Netflix is allowed to stream it.
My top choice for watching Shutter Island is ExpressVPN. Its huge network of ultra-fast servers allowed me to access geoblocked content and watch Netflix with ease. Plus, there’s no risk involved since you can try ExpressVPN risk-free, backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, the best VPN for Watching Shutter Island is…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.