How to Watch The British Open From Anywhere in 2021
- Quick Guide: How to Watch The British Open From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch The British Open From Anywhere in 2021
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch The British Open With No Buffering
- IPVanish – Unlimited Connections to Watch The British Open on all Your Devices
- CyberGhost – Dedicated Servers to Bypass YouTube TV’s Geoblocks
- Where Can I Watch The British Open Online?
- How to Sign Up for YouTube TV to Watch The British Open
- FAQs on Watching The British Open With a VPN
- Start Watching The British Open Now!
I was excited to find that The British Open was going ahead this year. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anywhere to watch it in my current location. After some testing, I found a way to watch it on YouTube TV.
You just need a VPN to watch The British Open 2021 from anywhere. By using a VPN, you can disguise your IP address, so you appear to be watching from the US. This way, you lead streaming services like YouTubeTV into thinking you’re actually there, so you can unblock their entire libraries.
I tested 30+ VPNs, and my top recommendation is ExpressVPN. It has lightning-fast speeds and a vast server network, so you can access YouTubeTV and watch the British Open from anywhere. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free before you commit. It’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can ask for a refund if you don’t like it.
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its large network of lightning-fast US servers.
- Connect to a US server. The British Open 2021 is available on YouTube TV in the US.
- Start watching The British Open! Log in to YouTube TV, search for The British Open, and join in on the action.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch The British Open
Due to broadcasting restrictions, the British Open is only available to watch in a limited number of countries. Because of that, streaming services need to geoblock their content to prevent people from unlicensed regions from accessing them. The best way to bypass these restrictions is with a VPN.
You can hide your IP address and location by using a VPN. By selecting one of your chosen VPN’s US servers, you can make YouTube TV think you’re watching from the US — allowing you to access the service.
A VPN lets you unblock The British Open 2021 and access all of YouTube TV’s shows and movies.
- Lightning-fast speeds to watch The British Open in HD without interruptions
- 3,000 servers to easily unblock YouTube TV
- MediaStreamer lets you watch on any WiFi-enabled device
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: YouTube TV, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN can easily connect you to HD streams with its superfast servers. After testing 12 US servers in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, I was impressed by its constant high speeds. You only need 5 Mbps to stream in HD, and I managed to get over 60 Mbps at all times. This is more than enough to ensure a consistently high-quality stream at all times. You can watch The British Open with zero buffering or lag.
It has an extensive server network that easily bypasses the toughest geoblocks. Each server connected in under 15 seconds during my tests, so I didn’t waste any time. To make it even better, I also unblocked Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+ without any problems. This means that you’ll easily access YouTube TV from anywhere.
MediaStreamer gets you VPN features on devices without native support — this includes Smart TVs and gaming consoles. By connecting it to my router and making some changes to my DNS settings, I managed to get ExpressVPN running on my PlayStation. The entire process didn’t take longer than 10 minutes. You can watch the British Open directly on the big screen.
The slightly higher subscription price was the one issue I had with ExpressVPN. However, you can take advantage of its 49% discount and make your subscription a lot more affordable.
You can test it out risk-free and see if it’s right for you. It’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can ask for a full refund if you don’t like it. I wanted to find out how convenient this process would be, so I contacted customer service through the 24/7 live chat support. The rep was friendly and just wanted to know why I was canceling before approving my request. The money was refunded 3 days later.
- Extremely fast speeds to watch The British Open without buffering
- 1,900 servers worldwide to bypass YouTube TV’s geoblocks
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: YouTube TV, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
IPVanish’s unlimited connections let you watch on all your favorite devices at the same time. I downloaded IPVanish on both my laptops, two phones, and a tablet to test its reliability. Then, I started streaming different shows on all of them. My connection remained stable, which was perfect. You can watch YouTubeTV on as many devices as you need.
With a massive array of servers throughout the US, no streaming service will block you out. I tried connecting to several of its North American servers and had no issues unblocking most of the services I tested. This means that you’ll have no problems accessing YouTube TV to watch the British Open.
Its fast speeds provide you with a flawless viewing experience. Even while taking advantage of the unlimited connections, I found that I was getting an average of 50 Mbps from its US servers — this is more than enough for HD and even 4k streaming. You’ll be watching the British Open in full HD with IPVanish.
One downside I found to IPVanish was that it couldn’t reliably unblock all the streaming platforms I tested it with. However, I had no problem accessing YouTube TV, HBO Max, and even Amazon Prime Video.
While IPVanish is very reasonably priced, you can take even more off the cost thanks to its discounts. You can get up to 71% off when you sign up for a new account.
It’s possible to test out IPVanish yourself for 30 days thanks to its money-back guarantee. I tested this claim, so I contacted the support team through its website. The live agent asked me why I was canceling and provided me with a better deal but quickly approved my request after telling him I just wanted to close my account. My money was back in my account in 6 days.
- Impressive speeds to watch The British Open without annoying lag
- 7,300 servers for reliable connections to the US
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: YouTube TV, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, gaming consoles, and more
CyberGhost offers dedicated streaming profiles, so you’re sure to bypass most geoblocks. I only had to type the platform’s name in the search bar, and it immediately provided me with the best server for it. This allowed me to unblock Netflix, ESPN, NBC, FOX, Sling TV, and more. This means that you’ll have instant access to YouTube TV.
It has impressive speeds, providing a smooth streaming experience. While running my tests, I found I was getting an average of 40 Mbps. YouTube TV’s minimum requirement for HD streaming is 5 Mbps, so it was more than enough. You won’t miss a moment of the British Open with servers like this.
I only really had one problem with CyberGhost — the price of the short-term plans is a bit on the expensive side. Fortunately, you can make some significant savings if you use its 83% discount when you sign up.
The other nice feature I found was the money-back guarantee — you can take advantage of its 45-day money-back guarantee and give it a try before you decide. To ensure this was a legitimate claim, I messaged CyberGhost customer service on the day 45. I only had to explain that I didn’t need the VPN anymore, and the agent granted my refund after a 5 minutes chat. I had my money back in 7 days.
Where Can I Watch The British Open Online?
The British Open is available on YouTube TV, but this is a US-exclusive streaming service. Outside of the US, you’ll need to make YouTube TV think you’re located in America. This is my main recommendation as it gives access to a vast catalog and comes with a 14-day free trial.
Fubo is also showing The British Open. It comes with a 7-day free trial, but is also a US-exclusive.
Sling TV now has The British Open available to watch. The site has a Sling Free feature now so you can watch for free, though this doesn’t cover all Sling TV’s premium content.
If you have NBC Sports, you can use its apps to watch The British Open. Both this and Sling TV are also only available in the US unless you use a VPN.
From the UK, you can watch The British Open if you have a Now TV subscription. If you don’t have an account you can take advantage of its 7-day free trial.
How to Sign Up for YouTube TV to Watch The British Open
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because its large server network gives you reliable access to YouTube TV’s titles.
- Connect to a US server. Open your VPN app and choose a server in the US.
- Sign up for a YouTube TV account. Go to the YouTube TV site and click the ‘Try it Free’ button. Create an account and enter your payment details. If you have an account already, you can skip this step!
- Log in to YouTube TV. Use your account details to log in.
- Start Watching The British Open! Search for The British Open and press play!
FAQs on Watching The British Open With a VPN
Can I watch The British Open for free?
Not entirely, but you can reduce some costs. When you sign up for a new YouTube TV account, you can use the service for free for 14 days. YouTube TV is a US exclusive service, so you’ll need to use a VPN to spoof your IP address if you’re outside the US.
Luckily, all of the VPNs listed above have money-back guarantees, meaning you can sign up risk-free and watch the event.
How can I watch the British Open from India, Germany, or abroad?
The best way to watch the British Open outside of the US is with a VPN. YouTube TV is geoblocked to the US, so you’ll need to find a way around the restrictions if you want to watch it from India, Germany, or anywhere else.
By using a VPN, you can appear to be watching from the US. For the best streaming experience, you should use one of the high-quality VPNs above.
Can I watch the British Open on my iPad or Android device?
Yes, you can. YouTube TV is compatible with iPads and Android tablets, and all the VPNs on this list are compatible with the most popular operating systems. This means that you can quickly set it up on your iPad or Android device and watch the British Open.
Start Watching The British Open Now!
Certain streaming sites will stop you from watching from outside the countries they’re based in. If you want to watch The British Open but can’t get YouTube TV in your country, a VPN can help you access it.
I recommend ExpressVPN because its extensive server network efficiently unblocks YouTube TV. It is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free before you commit.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching The British Open are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.