How to Watch the Solheim Cup from Anywhere in 2023
Europe and the US go head-to-head again at Centenary Course in Scotland for the 16th Solheim Cup. But if you are abroad, you might miss three days of the biggest team competition in women’s golf. That is because geoblocks prevent you from streaming content outside the country.
Don’t worry, we can help. Use our quick guide to stream every moment of the best rivalry in the LPGA.
Quick Guide: Watch the UK Broadcast on Sky Sports
Sky Sports is broadcasting the Solheim Cup in the UK. You must be a Sky TV customer to stream the Solheim Cup on Sky Sports. To watch the Solheim Cup on Sky Sports:
- Choose a high-speed VPN with UK servers (we recommend ExpressVPN for golf). Sign up and download the app.
- Open the app, log in, and select a server location in the UK.
- Go to www.skysports.com and create an account on the website.
- Go to www.sky.com and link your Sky account to your website account. You will need your Sky account number.
- When you are ready, log into Sky Sports and stream the Solheim Cup!
Quick Guide: Watch the UK or Ireland Broadcast on NOW TV
You can use NOW TV to stream Sky Sports without a Sky account. To stream games on NOW TV, you must enter a UK address. To watch the Solheim Cup on NOW TV:
- Select a VPN provider with high speeds and servers in the UK or Ireland (the ExpressVPN service is our recommendation). Subscribe up and install the app.
- Open the app, log in, and select a server location in the UK or Ireland.
- Go to nowtv.com and purchase a day or month pass for Sky Sports (if you don’t have a UK or Ireland credit card, purchase a NOW TV gift card at currys.co.uk and follow the instructions to redeem to gift card).
- Log into NOW TV and enjoy!
Quick Guide: Watch the US Broadcast on the Golf Channel
The Golf Channel is broadcasting the Solheim Cup in the US. You need a TV provider (for example, Sling TV, DirecTV, or DISH) to watch the Golf Channel stream. To watch the Solheim Cup on the Golf Channel:
- Select a high-speed VPN with US servers (we recommend ExpressVPN for streaming golf). Sign up and download the app.
- Open the app, log in, and select a server location in the US.
- Go to stream.golfchannel.com/golf, log in with your TV provider*, and stream the tournament!
* If you do not have a US TV provider, you can use Sling TV Blue with the Sports Extra package if you don’t have a US-based payment method. Purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSupply.com and follow the instructions to redeem the card and subscribe to Sling TV.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the Solheim Cup
The Solheim Cup pits Europe against the US for ultimate, trans-Atlantic bragging rights. But if you are outside the country, geoblocks might prevent you from seeing all the action from Centenary Course. That is because streaming sites are often required to block anyone outside their country.
This is where a VPN can help. When you connect to a VPN, you choose the location of the server your network traffic goes through. Then, when you connect to a streaming site, they see that server location as if it was your location. They unblock the stream and you are allowed to watch their stream.
When you use a VPN, geo-restrictions are no longer a problem. But that’s not all they can do. They also protect you online.
VPNs encrypt your network traffic, preventing anyone from seeing what you are doing online. Governments, companies, and individuals are constantly trying to peek into your data. With a VPN encrypting your data, you are safe from anyone who wants to steal your data.
Just be sure to choose a top-notch VPN. Broadcasters can often recognize low-quality VPNs and block their connections. A high-quality VPN hides itself better, helping you break through the geoblocks.
Internet freedom and internet security. That’s the best of both worlds. So sign up for a VPN today and get the internet you deserve.
Best VPNs for Watching the Solheim Cup
You need a lot of bandwidth to keep up with a small, white ball moving across an expanse of green. ExpressVPN delivers that bandwidth, with some of the fastest connection speeds on the market. Plus, it has no trouble unblocking content across the world.
Advanced features include the ability to choose your network protocol. You can also split your traffic between the VPN and the local connection, keeping you connected to local devices. They even include a kill switch to protect you if your VPN connection closes unexpectedly.
You can use ExpressVPN to connect on up to 5 devices simultaneously. And if you do run into issues, 24/7 live chat support is there to help you every step of the way.
You can learn more about ExpressVPN and its services by reading our user reviews!
Free trial: 7-day trial for iOS and Android
ExpressVPN can unblock:
Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
Dedicated torrenting profile:
No, but all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
If you are looking for a little extra help with a VPN, CyberGhost is an excellent choice. They provide specially configured streaming servers that make it easy to find the connection you need. These servers help you break through geoblocks and keep a steady connection for you stream.
CyberGhost also offers a wealth of servers across the globe that help you get the connections you need. You can even connect on up to 7 devices at the same time, allowing you to stay connected anywhere.
The CyberGhost app helps to block online trackers, ads, and malicious content. Military-grade encryption keeps your data secure online. And all these features are available at a reasonable price.
Want to know more about CyberGhost? Then take a look at our user reviews!
Free trial: 7-day trial for mobile; 1-day or 3-day Windows trial available
CyberGhost can unblock:
Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
Dedicated torrenting profile:
Yes; shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
The Solheim Cup will once again pit Europe against the US through 3 days of match-play competition. You can be ready for the contest with a VPN. So sign up today and enjoy every stroke that delivers the Cup to a continent.
You can learn more about VPNs and what they can do for you when you ready the following articles:
- Best VPNs for Multiple Devices & Connections
- Best VPN with Free Trials
- Best BBC iPlayer VPNs To Watch Abroad Online
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching the Solheim Cup are...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.