(Anonymous Cybersecurity Experts)
Shellfire is a VPN service that has a long history of providing high quality service to users from all around the world. The company offers several different levels of service, none of which log any of their user’s activity. The service is able to hide IP addresses and make sure that no one else is able to see what the users are doing while they are surfing on the web.
Shellfire is a long-standing and experienced VPN provider based in Germany, that offers secure, anonymous and reliable internet access to its users. It provides many servers in 24 different countries, including Germany, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, the United States, Switzerland, Japan, Italy, Australia, Russia and Canada, among others. Shellfire gives users the ability to surf the internet securely, privately and anonymously by hiding their IP address and encrypting their traffic. Shellfire offers OpenVPN, PPTP VPN, L2TP / IPSec VPN protocols with 128 bit, 192 bit and 256 bit. Shellfire keeps no logs of their users' internet activity.
Shellfire provides three levels of service with different features and compatibility. The most basic level of service is entirely free. The free service provides the most common OpenVPN protocol, with a lower level of encryption. With this package, users can only access servers in Germany and the United States and cannot access streaming websites. The free package also has pop-up ads. This level is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Android. The other two levels of service, Premium and Premium Plus, are paid, have no ads, and provide unlimited speed and bandwidth, as well as extra features. Both are compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Android, but also with iOS, Linux, DD-WRT routers. This means Shellfire can be used on almost all desktop and laptop computers, as well as almost all smartphones and tablets.
Premium and Premium Plus service give users the ability to access streaming websites, as well as higher levels of security and encryption. One month, three months and one year subscriptions are available. Shellfire VPN is easy to install, configure and use. It offers a 14-day money back guarantee.
|Number of countries with servers||31|
|Number of servers||50|
|Number of IP addresses||200|
|Does VPN keep logs?||No|
|Does VPN include a kill switch?||No|
|Number of devices per license||1|
1. Shellfire does not require you to install any additional programs on your system. Click "start", then go to the "Control Panel"
2. Click "Network Status and Tasks" (under Network and Internet)
3. Click "set up a connection or network"
4. Choose "Connect to a workplace", then "Next"
5. If you are asked if you want to use your existing connection, click "No, create a new connection"
6. Use VPN as the internet connection
7. In "Internet Address" enter the server address stated in your account details on the Shellfire website
8. In "Target Name" enter "shellfire PPTP"
9. Enter the PPTP username and password stated in your account details, click "Connect"
10. If the connection was successful click "Close"
11. Set your connection as a public place, click "Close"
12. To reconnect, click the "Network" symbol on the lower right of your screen, select the newly created connection and click "Connect"
13. Enter your username and password, click "Connect"
Shellfire offers a choice of 3 different services. The free option offers the most common OpenVPN protocol, with a low level of encryption, it allows access to servers in the US and Germany but cannot access any streaming sites – it also has pop-up ads. Premium and Premium plus both require a paid subscription but do not have any ads, they do have unlimited speed and bandwidth plus a selection of additional features, such as the option to use streaming sites and higher levels of security and encryption. Shellfire products can be used on Windows, Mac OS X and Android, but the paid options can also be used on iOS, Linux and DD-WRT routers. Subscriptions are available for either 1, 3 or 12 months, with each offering a 14 day money back guarantee.
Shellfire VPN's customer support service relies entirely on an email service, there are no live support options, and they only guarantee to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours, potentially making a complex problem an issue that will take a long time to resolve. Shellfire is also known for not making it easy to request refunds. Customer service is unfortunately not one of the main selling points for this provider.
- OpenVPN enabled
- Large worldwide network
- Strong encryption protocols
- Need to pay more to remove ads, and download limits
- Get started with Shellfire VPN now