5 Best VPNs for Iran – For Safety, Streaming & Speeds in 2021
The Iranian government has a complete grip over internet freedom in Iran. Whether you’re a resident or a tourist, accessing “unacceptable” content or posting anti-government comments can even land you in jail.
And that’s not all. Iran also blocks access to social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, so that Iranian citizens cannot access any content that is considered intolerable by the government. To enforce this, the Iranian government constantly monitors users’ traffic to ensure that people’s internet activity is “acceptable”.
If you use a VPN in Iran, you’ll be able to access blocked websites. However, not all VPNs offer the high speeds and high-grade encryption required to unblock the geo-restrictions posed by the government. Whether you live in Iran or you’re planning to take a trip there, here are some VPNs that can help you out.
Quick Guide: The Best VPNs for Iran
- NordVPNNordVPN offers high security and encryption to make sure the Iranian authorities cannot monitor you. Also, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
- ExpressVPNWith the high speeds of ExpressVPN, you can access video streaming services in Iran without any lag. And since ExpressVPN also allows torrenting, you can download as many movies or games as you want.
TunnelBear gives you quick access to your favorite social media and video sites. It also offers a free plan of 10GB per month to users in Iran.
- VyprVPNVyprVPN has Chameleon technology, which makes you invisible to the government. They also offer high speeds that are great for streaming video content.
- PrivateVPNPrivateVPN offers high-grade encryption that helps you access blocked websites without being monitored. It also has a money-back guarantee, offering a full refund if you’re not happy with the service.
Why You Need a VPN for Iran
Iran blocks access to 50% of the top 500 most popular websites in the world, so if you’re planning a trip to Iran, you want to be prepared for restricted internet access. While laws keep changing and you never know when a ban on a certain website might be lifted, hundreds of websites are banned even at the best of times. If you happen to be a regular internet user who loves spending time on social media, you’re going to hate the online censorship laws.
According to Reporters without Borders, Iran is among the “enemies of the internet”. You can’t access social media websites, but that should be the least of your worries while you’re there. Accessing blogs that don’t support the government (if they haven’t been blocked yet) can get you in serious trouble.
Because of the severe internet restrictions, many internet users in Iran now use VPN services that allow them to access blocked content. A VPN will encrypt your data, so the Iranian government or even your own ISP will not able to see which websites you access. VPNs also help journalists, allowing them their freedom of expression without having to worry about their private information being leaked.
You’ll find many local free or cheap VPNs in Iran, but can you be sure that they’re not laid out by the government to track your activity? When it comes to restrictive government policies, you want to trust only the most reliable VPNs, which you can be sure won’t give you away.
The Best VPNs for Iran
- Offers military grade AES-256 bit encryption
- Double VPN for double protection
- CyberSec to block malware
- Onion over VPN
With military-grade encryption, your data stays safe, even from spying government agencies. And if that’s not enough, you can use Nord’s Onion Over VPN service to combine the security benefits of Tor and VPN.
You can connect to Double VPN to get double the safety, which is always a good option for journalists and political activists. NordVPN also offers CyberSec that will protect you from adware and malware.
Not only that, but Nord offers great speeds that allow you to stream HD content without any lag. Nord has all the qualifications to become the crowd favorite.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
- Military grade AES-256 bit encryption
- Split Tunneling
- High speeds
ExpressVPN offers military-grade encryption that’s nearly impossible to crack. It also offers a split tunneling feature that sends some of your traffic through encrypted channels and some through the unsecured internet. This can be useful when you want to hide only some of your traffic.
It also comes with a kill switch that instantly disconnects the internet if the VPN drops. This will ensure that your IP stays hidden and won’t be revealed to the Iranian government.
Since P2P is allowed on ExpressVPN, you can download your favorite movies and games without a worry.
ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day money back guarantee, making it a risk-free investment. Its high-grade encryption and high speeds make it a favorite among many users.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Offers a free plan
- Fast connection speeds
- Always On feature
TunnelBear uses military-grade AES 256-bit encryption to protect your information online. It’s Always On feature launches the VPN the moment you turn your device on, so your IP address is always hidden. The app is easy to install and navigate and even has its own cute bear mascot.
It’s also diligently works to provide access to users in Iran. TunnelBear has developed a four-stage technical development network to combat censorship. It even offers Iranian users 10GB of free data per month, so you can browse the internet or access otherwise restricted social media sites.
TunnelBear offers paid plans as well. There aren’t free trials for TunnelBear’s paid plans, but you could still get a good deal by checking out our vendor coupon page. Money-back guarantees are given on a case-by-case basis though, so you may want to try the free version before you commit.
TunnelBear can unblock:
- HBO GO, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- Yes, supports P2P applications.
TunnelBear works on these devices:
- macOS, Windows, Linux, Chromebook, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Chrome, Firefox, routers, and more.
- Military grade encryption
- Chameleon technology
- High speeds
- NAT Firewall
VyprVPN has proprietary Chameleon technology that lets you bypass the restrictive internet of Iran. The Chameleon technology is built on OpenVPN – the strongest VPN protocol.
It also has a NAT firewall that filters incoming traffic, so your data stays safe from malicious entities.
With its high speeds, you can view HD streaming videos without any issues. Video services such as YouTube are blocked in Iran, but VyprVPN helps you effectively unblock YouTube as well as BBC iPlayer, so you can watch your favorite shows and videos. All these features make VyprVPN a popular choice.
VyperVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
VyperVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Routers, Android TV, QNAP, Blackphone, Anonabox.
- Military-grade encryption
- High speeds
- IPv6 leak protection
PrivateVPN offers high-grade encryption, making it a good choice if you want to bypass the restrictions placed by the Iranian government. That means, you can even enjoy gaming sites like DAZN, which has heavy geoblocks otherwise.
It also has a kill switch that disconnects the internet as soon as the VPN connection drops. Its IPv6 leak protection also ensures that your identity stays hidden, and the IP is not leaked to the Iranian authorities. It has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try out their services without any risk.
With its high-grade protection, fast speeds, kill switch, and leak protection, PrivateVPN has everything that most users desire.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
While the Iranian government bans many websites, it’s not illegal to access VPN services. However, you want to make sure you choose the right VPN for your needs and not rely on free or cheap local services which could be monitored by the government.
The VPNs we have recommended here are completely reliable. They do not keep logs, and they work well in Iran.
Also, be sure you don’t spend too much on VPNs. Check out our page on currently running deals and discounts.
To summarize, the best VPNs for Iran are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend NordVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 68% off.
Privacy Alert box - content - Popular posts