How to Get a South African IP Address Anywhere in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Get a South African IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- How a VPN Can Get You a South African IP Address
- A VPN Also Keeps You Safe & Lets You Access Almost Any Website
- What to Look For in a VPN
- The Best VPNs to Get a South African IP Address
- Further Reading
If you’re traveling, you could run into problems using your banking apps and other services. Some South African sites restrict access to those outside the country. Still, there’s a quick way to get a South African IP and use local sites and apps from anywhere.
A VPN can give you a South African IP address and encrypt your traffic. This way, you can access your go-to websites (including banking and news apps) from wherever you are while staying safe and private.
Of all the VPNs that I tested, ExpressVPN stood out as the best VPN to get a South African IP. It has fast and reliable local servers to give you access to your accounts without issues. You can even test ExpressVPN risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Get a South African IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has consistently fast speeds to access your accounts without delays.
- Connect to a server in South Africa. This gets you a South African IP address to access local services, like banking and news apps.
- Start browsing. Now, you can maintain your privacy and easily access local South African websites and apps from anywhere.
How a VPN Can Get You a South African IP Address
Utilizing a VPN gives you the option to connect to secure servers in various global locations. By choosing a server in South Africa, your internet traffic is rerouted through this server, thereby presenting to websites the impression that you are physically present in the country.
A good VPN can do a lot more than just hide your location and replace it with a South African IP, though. Read on to find out what other benefits there are to using a VPN.
A VPN Also Keeps You Safe & Lets You Access Almost Any Website
When you browse the internet, you leave behind bits of information that websites, your ISP, or even cybercriminals can track, harvest, or sell. A good VPN encrypts your data, making it impossible for anyone to view your online activity or access your connection.
Using a VPN can also save you money when booking hotels. Accommodation fees vary depending on where the hotel website thinks you are. If you want to book hotels in Cape Town, a South African IP address can help you avoid inflated prices.
Free proxies are another way to change your IP address. However, they’re not as reliable or secure as a premium VPN. Most free proxies use weak encryption, and many harvest and sell you data.
Another downside to using a free VPN is limited network size. When a lot of users connect to the same server, it slows your connection down, which is very frustrating if you’re trying to follow a Springboks game.
You won’t have any of these problems with a quality VPN. Top VPNs keep your data safe and easily bypass geoblocks, censorship filters, and even VPN-screening software to give you access to your local sites without issues.
What to Look For in a VPN
- Servers in South Africa: You need at least one to get a South African IP.
- Advanced security: Look for VPNs that have AES encryption and extra features such as a kill switch, DNS leak protection, or double VPN (multihop encryption).
- High speed: A VPN with servers worldwide, unlimited bandwidth, and fast connections will let you use your banking apps and even play games without slowdowns.
- User-friendly: A VPN with easy-to-use apps and good customer support available via 24/7 live chat makes getting connected quick and worry free.
The Best VPNs to Get a South African IP Address
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
ExpressVPN is a popular VPN with users for its fast speeds and robust security features. You can easily access your local accounts without exposing your data online. My friend tested it while traveling abroad, and he could use his Stanbic banking app without issues.
With servers across 105 countries, including South Africa, ExpressVPN gives you safe access to international websites across the world. You'll get 256-bit AES encryption as well as DNS leak protection, split tunneling, and a kill switch, so your online activity will always be secure.
Try ExpressVPN yourself with a 30-day money-back guarantee.Need more info? Here's our detailed expert review of ExpressVPN.
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Supports torrenting: Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
- ExpressVPN works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
CyberGhost has a huge network with 11,683 servers, including 10 in South Africa. Happy users trust CyberGhost’s military-grade encryption and strict no-logs policy to keep their online activity private.
All of CyberGhost's apps feature a user-friendly interface, with preset profiles that automatically find servers optimized for your needs. But if you ever run into difficulties, a 24/7 live chat helpline is a click away.
CyberGhost also has an effective ad and malware blocker to keep your browsing safe. You can try it with a free 24-hour trial. The provider also regularly offers big limited-time discounts, as well as a 45-day money-back guarantee.Need More Info? Here's our detailed expert review of CyberGhost.
- Works with: Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Supports torrenting: Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
- CyberGhost works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
Why not save some money on your VPN by checking out our deals page?
To summarize, the best VPNs to Get a South African IP Address from anywhere in 2024 are...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.