How to Get a Poland IP Address from Anywhere in 2019 [+VIDEO]
If you are outside Poland, you have probably noticed that you can’t watch a lot of the content on streaming sites like ipla.tv or TVP VOD. You might also have trouble accessing your Polish bank portal, bill paying services, or regional news services.
Many websites look at your IP address to find out where you are. Some of them only give full access to users within Poland, a process known as geoblocking. If you’re outside the country, your access will be limited or even completely blocked.
It’s an easy problem to solve with a VPN, which gives you a Polish IP address in seconds. We’ll show you how.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Poland IP Address with a VPN
- Choose a VPN with a server in Poland. We recommend CyberGhost for a Polish IP, but you’ll find several more great choices below.
- Download the software and install it on your computer or other device.
- Open the app and connect to a server in Poland.
- Use our tool to verify that you now have an IP address in Poland!
Table of Contents
- How a VPN Can Get You a Poland IP Address
- A VPN Also Keeps You Safe and Lets You Stream Almost Anything
- How to Choose the Best VPN for You – What to Look For
- The Best VPNs to Get a Poland IP Address
A VPN diverts your internet traffic (everything you send and receive online) through one of its private servers. The process gives you a new IP address that matches the location of the VPN server.
If you connect to a server in Poland, your true IP address will be masked and replaced with a Polish one. You will have the same access to Polish sites and streaming services as someone sitting at home in Warsaw.
A high-quality VPN does far more than just change your IP. It’s also the most effective online security and privacy tool available today. A good VPN’s strong encryption prevents your ISP or the authorities from spying on you.
Top VPNs also stop advertisers and third parties from harvesting your browsing data. Advanced security measures keep your data secure on public wi-fi and hide your identity when you’re torrenting or doing confidential market research.
Free proxies can also switch your IP address, but they don’t offer reliable data protection. They are also bad choices for streaming because of their unreliable connections and sluggish speeds.
Worse, many free IP changers and are easy to detect. That means websites will know you’ve changed your IP address and might deny you access. The best VPNs get past even the tough VPN screening used by US Netflix and the BBC iPlayer.
If you choose a premium VPN with a wide server network, you will be able to unlock content from all over the world, all while staying anonymous and safe from cybercrime.
- Servers in Poland. You’ll need at least one to get a Polish IP.
- Strong encryption. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is the safest and most secure encryption type; all our recommended VPNs use it.
- Advanced security features. Top-rated VPNs offer advanced security features like a kill switch or extra protection from malware.
- Fast servers. If you want to stream video or download torrents, you’ll need fast servers and unlimited bandwidth.
CyberGhost is one of our best-rated VPNs, offering one of the widest server networks around, with about 70 servers in Poland. CyberGhost’s servers are fast, secure, and reliable for unlocking geo-restricted sites and content.
CyberGhost uses AES encryption and doesn’t log user data. You can protect up to 7 devices with one subscription, which is generous for a premium VPN. Try it out under the equally generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
ExpressVPN is a great choice if you want to reliably bypass geoblocks. It has a network location in Poland with multiple servers and IP addresses to choose from. Users frequently highlight the fast speeds ExpressVPN is famous for.
ExpressVPN doesn’t keep logs, uses military-grade AES encryption, and offers advanced security features like a built-in kill switch. If you’re not sure, you can try out the service under the 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
NordVPN offers 49 servers in Poland. Many of them are configured for P2P activity, which is ideal if you’re into torrenting. It has a sparkling reputation for bypassing the trickiest geoblocks, including those on Hulu, Netflix, and the BBC iPlayer.
It uses AES encryption, and offers an additional ad blocking and malware protection feature called CyberSec. You’ll be free from the frequent, annoying popup ads found on many streaming sites.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
Surfshark has multiple servers in Poland and, based on our in-house tests, they are fast and adept at getting past geoblocks. While the provider is a fairly recent entry to the VPN market, great user reviews are already piling up.
Surfshark offers impressive security features like a kill switch and DNS leak protection, along with AES 256-bit encryption. A 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to try out this new service without risk.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.