Watch NBA Christmas Day Games Online From Anywhere in 2020
Need a break on Christmas Day? You can watch the NBA’s Christmas Day games from any location in the world. Use a premium VPN, like NordVPN, and you can easily bypass geographical restrictions and connect to your broadcaster no matter where your holiday travels take you. Share
On Christmas Day, the NBA celebrates the season with a fantastic lineup of the game’s best teams and most exciting stars. Five of the biggest games of the year happen on December 25. But if you’re traveling during the holidays, you might miss all the hardwood action of the games because of geoblocks on the content.
With a premium VPN, you won’t miss a 3-pointer, blocked shot, or free throw. I always recommend NordVPN to stream sports. Its fast network speeds are hard to beat.
Use my quick guide to stream every game from tip-off to the final buzzer.
Quick Guide – Watch the World Broadcast on NBA TV International
NBA TV International streams the NBA to connections outside the US and Canada. With the right package, you can even watch the playoffs and the NBA Finals. To watch the Christmas Day NBA games on NBA TV International, follow these steps:
- Select a quality VPN with high speeds and servers outside the US and Canada. NordVPN is my recommendation for its lightning-fast speeds and no-buffering experience.
- Download the VPN on your device and then choose a server outside the US and Canada.
- Go to watch.nba.com and purchase a viewing package.
- Log in to NBA TV on Christmas Day and start streaming!
Quick Guide – Watch the US Broadcast on Hulu
Hulu allows you to watch the Christmas Day NBA games on ABC. These steps show you how to stream the holiday games on Hulu:
- Choose a premium VPN with US servers. I like NordVPN for its great network speeds and the ability to unblock Hulu.
- Register and install your VPN, log in, and then pick a US server.
- Go to hulu.com and subscribe to Hulu + Live TV.
- Log in to Hulu and stream all the NBA action!
Quick Guide – Watch the US Broadcast on Sling TV
The Sling TV Orange package provides access to the ESPN games in the US. Sling TV also allows you to log in to broadcasters’ websites and stream their content. Follow these steps to watch the NBA Christmas Day games on Sling TV:
- Select a top-notch VPN with US servers. I suggest NordVPN. It gives you the high speeds you need for watching basketball.
- Sign up and download the VPN app. Open the app and log in. Find a server located in the US.
- Go to Sling TV and sign up for the Sling TV Orange package. If you don’t have a US payment method, then purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSUPPLY.com. Follow the instructions to redeem your card and subscribe to Sling TV.
- When your game is beginning, log in to Sling TV, select your stream, and enjoy the NBA on Christmas!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the NBA Christmas Games
Christmas is a time of joy, of family, and of giving. But after a few hours of time with the family, everyone needs a break. What better excuse could you and your family need than five of the biggest basketball games of the year?
The NBA renders this annual public service to people across the world. But if you’re traveling to somewhere on the globe during the holidays that doesn’t have the broadcasts, then you might miss the games due to geo-restrictions. Or, you might be subject to watching The Nutcracker on television.
A VPN can save you from both of these horrors.
Broadcasters are required to block their streams from anyone outside their own country. If you want to watch the NBA on Christmas Day, you need a way to look like you’re in the right country when you’re logged in. A VPN lets you see the games and make the Yuletide jolly.
When you connect to a VPN, you choose the country that acts like your location. Then, when the streaming site, like Hulu, sees the VPN server as your location, it happily unblocks the stream.
Then you can see every long-distance 3-pointer, every thundering dunk, and every momentum-breaking steal on Christmas. So sign up today and get the safe, secure, wide-open internet you’ve always wanted.
3 Best VPNs for Watching the NBA Christmas Games
NordVPN’s Key Features
- Full refund within 30 days
- Over 5,300 servers worldwide, including 1,500 in the US
- SmartPlay feature to break through geoblocks
- Blazing-fast network speeds
- Six devices connections
- 24/7 live chat available
- Works with: NBA TV, Hulu, Sling TV, ESPN, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, YouTube, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix
- Compatible with: Chrome, macOS, Android, Firefox, Windows, Android TV, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, routers
Plenty of advanced features on a fast network make NordVPN my top choice for watching the NBA on Christmas Day.
NordVPN’s SmartPlay feature easily breaks through geographical blocks, helping you stream the games. The high-speed network ensures you don’t miss a frame of NBA TV or a LeBron James dunk.
The interface is very easy to use. All you need to do is choose a country on the map and that country becomes your location. This simple connection is at your fingertips with NordVPN’s 5,300+ servers across the globe. You even have over 1,500 choices of US servers.
If you run into issues, help is available through live chat 24/7.
You can take a whole month to try it out risk-free with NordVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
No matter what kind of plan you choose, you get six simultaneous connections. While the family takes a break from one another on the holiday, they can stream the NBA from every corner of the house.
Our in-depth review can give you a more detailed look at NordVPN’s features.
ExpressVPN’s Key Features
- No-questions-asked, 30-day money-back guarantee
- More than 3,000 servers around the world
- Some of the fastest streaming speeds
- Split tunneling to keep a local connection
- Simultaneous connections on five devices
- 24/7 live chat support
- Works with: Hulu, NBA TV, ESPN, Sling TV, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO, Netflix, YouTube TV
- Compatible with: Linux, Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, routers
ExpressVPN is one the fastest VPNs on the market next to NordVPN, making it a great choice for watching NBA basketball.
HD streams are very demanding on network connections, even on Christmas Day. ExpressVPN’s high-speed network of 3,000 servers across 94 countries helps you keep up with HD streams around the world. This includes the NBA on Christmas Day through Hulu.
If you need to stay connected to local sites, ExpressVPN offers a split tunneling feature. You can share your internet traffic between your local network and the VPN. Use your local network to surf websites unencrypted while you stream the NBA from across the world.
Live chat support is standing by 24/7 to offer assistance, whenever you need it.
There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee. This gives you the chance to experience all of ExpressVPN’s features risk-free for a whole month before making a long-term decision. While you’re deciding, by the way, you can use up to five devices at once on your subscription.
Read our full expert review for an in-depth look at ExpressVPN.
CyberGhost’s Key Features
- Generous 45-day money-back guarantee
- 5,600 servers in 90 countries, 1,000 servers in the US
- Servers specialized for streaming
- Fast streaming speeds with no buffering
- Stream on seven devices at once
- Live chat is available
- Works with: Sling TV, NBA TV, Hulu, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, Sky TV
- Compatible with: macOS, Firefox, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Windows, Chrome, Android, routers
Streaming-specialized servers make CyberGhost a great choice for watching all of the NBA’s action on Christmas Day.
Each streaming server is optimized for one broadcaster, ensuring you avoid geo-restrictions and get a fast, steady connection.
But what if CyberGhost doesn’t offer a server customized for the NBA broadcaster you want? Don’t worry, the 5,600 servers in its network can always break through geoblocks. And you get a choice of over 1,000 servers in the US alone.
Help is available through live chat, and you don’t need to ask how many device connections you’re allowed. You get to use seven devices at one time! Use one or all of your devices to stream Christmas Day action on the hardwood.
CyberGhost is very generous with its risk-free money-back guarantee. It gives you 45 days to try out all of its features. Get a full refund if you change your mind. But with a month and a half to test drive it, you may just love it.
If you want to learn more about CyberGhost, take a look at our expert review.
Put the “Ho, ho, ho, holy cow did you see that dunk?!” into Christmas Day with a VPN. No matter what country you’re in for the holiday, a VPN lets you see some of the best NBA games of the year from anywhere. Sign up today and be ready for December 25.
If you’re still having trouble deciding what VPN to go with, I suggest NordVPN for its combination of features such as speed and its ability get past geo-restrictions easily.
Save some money during the holidays and take a look at our deals and coupons page.
If you want to learn more about VPNs and know what all they can do for you, these articles have some great information: