5 Best VPNs That (Still) Work With Sky Go – Watch Abroad in 2019
Find the best VPNs for Sky Go with our ultimate list. Unblock away with high-speed UK servers, superb encryption, and other top-shelf features! Share
From the latest in sports to the finest of British TV, Sky Go is your online portal to everything the UK media giant has to offer. And the best part is you can watch from anywhere with a VPN.
Until you can’t.
That’s right — the big streaming platforms are stepping up their game. Some serious measures have been taken to severely limit the ability of VPNs to unblock geo-restricted websites.
The end result? Your VPN of choice may suddenly stop working with Sky Go — which, unfortunately for users, is common with a variety of streaming services nowadays.
If you have experienced such an issue recently, or are looking for a way to make sure you never encounter it, you’ve come to the right place.
After careful research and numerous tests, we came up with the top five VPNs you can trust to unblock Sky Go — and other streaming sites — regardless of your location.
The 5 Best VPNs for Sky Go
- Over 540 available servers in the UK
- Focus on security features — Anti DDoS, Double VPN, Onion over VPN, and more
- Reliable 24/7 customer support
- Up to 6 simultaneous connections
NordVPNwins over a huge crowd, thanks to its reliability and abundance of premium features. With unlimited bandwidth and an enormous network of over 5,000+ servers (more than 500 of which are in the UK), this provider ensures excellent speeds — perfect for streaming from Sky Go and other platforms.
NordVPN constantly updates its service, and just recently, massive improvements to its speeds put it in close competition with ExpressVPN, although the latter still tends to be slightly faster. In any case, HD streaming won’t be an issue with NordVPN’s superb performance.
Customer support is available via live chat 24/7, so even if a server is giving you trouble, the solution is just a few minutes away. On top of that, you get 6 simultaneous connections for all your devices, a legit 30-day money-back guarantee, and a host of advanced features for a premium VPN experience. Read our expert review and user reviews here.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
- Extremely fast — forget about VPN lag and buffering issues
- Choose what traffic is encrypted with their split tunneling feature
- High-bandwidth UK servers
- Above-and-beyond customer support
With so many VPNs around, the ones that reliably work for Sky GO have optimized UK servers, responsive and knowledgeable support, guaranteed privacy, and a fair refund policy.
You’ll find all of the above in ExpressVPN — not only is it fast, it’s secure and insanely easy to use as well. With a wide array of UK servers and great features like split tunneling and MediaStreamer DNS, this VPN gives you all the benefits of an encrypted connection and virtually none of the drawbacks.
Even though ExpressVPN is super reliable, if you do run into trouble, you can count on a competent support team to help out with any issue, from servers to refunds. You can find agents on live chat and email, 24 hours a day.
Speaking of refunds, you have a whole month to get your money back. ExpressVPN basically gives you 30 days of risk-free testing, so go ahead and try it out! And you can check out what real users think about ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
- Overhauled — new servers and easy-to-use profiles for easy access to Sky Go
- Super intuitive interface
- Customer support available 24/7
- 7-day free trial so you can test it out risk free
After some serious improvements, CyberGhostis ready to become your next go-to VPN for Sky Go.
Ease of use is a key point here — this provider has taken an intuitive approach, offering users several profiles tailored to their particular needs. You can instantly choose the best combination of settings for torrenting, secure web browsing, and, of course, unblocking streaming sites.
You still have the option of setting up everything manually, but for newbies, this layout is priceless. It’s also proven to be very reliable in our performance tests, unblocking Sky Go (and other sought-after streaming platforms) at a moment’s notice.
Aside from the awesome profiles, you get everything you expect from a premium VPN. Helpful and responsive support around the clock, decent speeds (although not as good as NordVPN or ExpressVPN), and a 45-day money-back guarantee make CyberGhost a reliable tool for all your unblocking needs.
There’s even a free 7-day trial for the iOS and Android apps, so you can try out the full range of features without paying a dime! We encourage you to do so. You can also find out what others think of CyberGhost by clicking here.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
- Impressive speeds
- Controls all of its infrastructure — no third parties
- Excellent encryption and solid zero-logging policy
- Good customer support, but no live chat
Swedish provider PrivateVPNmay not have the largest server network or 24/7 live chat support, but its smaller-scale operation and attention to detail has earned it its user base’s unwavering loyalty.
PrivateVPN runs into zero issues with Sky Go (and most other major streaming platforms). Although it currently has only 4 UK servers (out of 80+ total), this VPN has kept a low profile and that has allowed it to keep delivering top-shelf content unblocking services.
PrivateVPN also has another major asset going for it: it doesn’t “outsource” its servers. Instead, it keeps the critical infrastructure close at hand. For users, that means zero involvement from third parties and even stronger privacy.
If you want a tried-and-true VPN for Sky Go, definitely give PrivateVPN a shot. If you end up disappointed, you have a safety net in the 30-day money-back guarantee. And you can read our expert review and user reviews here.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Proprietary Catapult Hydra protocol for high speeds
- Intuitive interface
- Wide array of high-speed UK servers
- Responsive customer support team
The paid version (Hotspot Shield Elite) offers a selection of high-speed servers in the UK. Using a proprietary protocol dubbed “Catapult Hydra,” this VPN compresses your data to give you faster connections.
Access to Sky Go is guaranteed — if you’re having trouble, feel free to contact customer support and have your issue resolved in a reasonable timeframe.
Hotspot Shield isn’t the cheapest VPN out there, but this provider justifies the price tag with its reliable performance. Don’t just take our word for it. Find out what real users have to say about Hotspot Shield. Or try Hotspot Shield risk-free for up to 45 days and get refunded if you aren’t satisfied.
Hotspot Shield can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video.
- Yes, P2P allowed on all servers.
Hotspot Shield works on these devices
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Chrome.
Access Sky Go from Anywhere — All Thanks to a VPN
Getting past Sky Go’s detection has become a tall order, but it’s not impossible. You just need to know which VPNs are best equipped to get you dependable access — and now you do.
Did you find this article useful? If so, don’t hesitate to share it!
Can’t get enough of British TV? Check out the best VPNs for BBC iPlayer.
Want to Know Who is Better For You – Express or Nord? Read Our Detailed Comparison Here.