How to Cancel IPVanish and Get A Refund (Updated 2024)
So, you tried IPVanish and it wasn’t for you. Maybe it didn’t have a feature you were looking for or the speeds weren’t as fast as you expected. Now you want to cancel and get your refund before it’s too late.
No worries, I can help with that but before we get started there are a couple of important things to understand.
First, to get a refund for an iOS or Android subscription for IPVanish via the App Store or Google Play, you’ll have to contact those services as IPVanish has no control over refunds given through the service.
Second, only annual subscriptions fall under IPVanish’s 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re subscribing to IPVanish on a monthly basis you won’t be eligible for a refund but the instructions below can still help you cancel your current subscription.
Quick Guide: How to Cancel IPVanish and Get A Refund
- Log into your account on the IPVanish website.
- Click on the Subscription tab and then press the green “I want to cancel my subscription” link.
- On the next page, scroll down and click on “I still want to cancel.”
- Enter a reason for cancellation and any comments you have, then click Continue.
- On the next page, select “I still want to cancel.”
- You will see a confirmation of cancellation and get an email confirming cancellation.
- Contact customer service to request a refund.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Log into your IPVanish account on the main website, if you’re using your mobile device it will redirect you to the main website.
2. Next, click on the Subscription tab and press on the green “I want to cancel my subscription link” link toward the bottom of the Account Information area.
3. On the following page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the “I still want to cancel” link.
4. You will need to enter a reason for cancellation or it won’t let you continue. Fill the appropriate button next to your issue, then enter any comments you have then click the green Continue button.
5. On the next page, click on the “I still want to cancel” link.
6. You should now get a confirmation window, as well as an email confirming cancellation.
7. Contact customer service confirming the cancellation and request your refund. Just remember, only annual subscriptions are part of the 30-day money-back guarantee.
That's it! You should receive your refund shortly, I asked a colleague to request a refund on IPVanish and it was back in their account within 24-hours. I would have done this myself but I had the one-month plan, so I was ineligible for a refund; which is why it's stressed above that only the annual plan is eligible.
I Canceled My IPVanish Subscription, Now What?
Now that you’ve canceled your subscription, you’re going to want to find the VPN that is the right fit for you. Don’t worry, I’ve scouted out the best alternatives to IPVanish, so you won’t have to look far.
All the alternative VPNs mentioned have been tested for reliable connections, fast speeds, and usability. Plus, each one offers industry-standard security features like OpenVPN protocol and military-grade encryption, as well as a money-back guarantee.
Best Alternatives to IPVanish
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- 3,000 servers in 105 countries
- 8 devices per license
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, DAZN, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with:
ExpressVPN offers lightning-fast speeds and secure connections when you use its new proprietary protocol Lightway to stream Netflix, Hulu, and more. It has 3,000+ servers in over 105 countries too, so you can access your global accounts like BBC iPlayer as well.
Your data is safeguarded as it transmits between your gadget and its endpoint with the utilization of military-standard 256-bit AES encryption. Furthermore, ExpressVPN's no-logs policy ensures that there's no cause for concern about your browsing history or any other personal details being disclosed.
You can use one license on up to 8 devices simultaneously and it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 11,683 servers in 100 countries
- 7 devices per license
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Sky Go, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Eurosport, Sling TV, Hulu, and more
- Compatible with:
CyberGhost works great for bypassing tough geoblocks when you want to access your accounts abroad, whether you want to watch your favorite shows on Netflix, 9Now, or BBC iPlayer. With over 11,683 servers in 100 countries worldwide, you’ll be able to access your favorite streaming services from almost anywhere.
It also offers industry-standard features like a kill switch that will disconnect you from the internet if the VPN fails. Not that VPN failure is common with CyberGhost, it hardly ever happens, but it’s nice to know your real IP address won’t be exposed if a server goes down. Plus, it uses military-grade encryption and OpenVPN protocols.
One subscription can be used on up to 7 devices, so you can cover everything from your laptop to your mobile phone. CyberGhost’s premium plans also come with a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee, so you don’t need to feel locked into a plan if you find the service isn’t a good fit.
- 29,650 servers in 91 countries
- Unlimited devices per license
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO, and more
- Compatible with:
Private Internet Access has the largest server count of any VPN I’ve tested, currently sitting at 29,650+ servers in over 91 countries. It can give you access to your Netflix, 9Now, and Hulu accounts in most parts of the world, and if one server is a little overcrowded you can simply pick another one and try again.
Standard military-grade encryption, a no-logs policy, OpenVPN protocol, and a kill switch, put PIA right up there with its more expensive competitors. It also features P2P support and openly allows torrenting on all of its servers.
Private Internet Access gives you up to Unlimited simultaneous connections per license and a 30-day money-back guarantee with your subscription.
Can I cancel IPVanish anytime?
You can cancel your IPVanish account at any time but if you want to request a refund on the annual plan, you need to do so within the 30-day money-back guarantee window. You can still cancel outside the window but you won’t be eligible for a refund.
Can I get a refund if I’m past the guarantee deadline?
IPVanish may issue a refund on a case-by-case basis if you go past the first 30-day guarantee window but there has to be an issue with the service or app itself. For instance, a malfunction on the app's end caused the service to work incorrectly. External issues, like problems with your ISP or personal devices, aren’t IPVanish’s problem and won’t be considered for a refund.
What’s the best IPVanish alternative?
ExpressVPN is the best alternative to IPVanish, all of its plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and it offers blazing-fast speeds for streaming. The money-back guarantee on all plans makes it a truly risk-free experience.
How do I contact customer support?
You can contact IPVanish’s customer support via 24/7 live chat or email. I was able to get a response immediately when I asked if the one-month plans qualified for a refund and they issued the refund for the one-year plan within 24-hours.
Can I change my plan instead of canceling?
You always have the option to upgrade your plan through your account and IPVanish’s customer support team is there to help if you have any questions, or would rather have them help you upgrade.
IPVanish offers over 2,200 in 75+ countries, fast speeds, and stable connections but it isn’t for everyone. With the instructions above you can cancel your subscription and request a refund in a matter of minutes.
If you still need VPN coverage but don’t know what service to try next, I highly recommend ExpressVPN. It uses military-grade encryption, OpenVPN and Lightway protocols for speed and security, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its plans.
To summarize, the best alternatives to IPVanish for 2024 are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.