Putlocker Isn’t Safe to Use in 2019 – Unless You Do This
Putlocker is a haven for fans of online streaming, but is it safe to use? The answer is yes, but only if you use a high-quality VPN to protect yourself.
Many of the shows and movies available on Putlocker have been shared illegally. Depending on your local laws, you could face legal issues for streaming copyrighted content. This can happen even if you opened the file by mistake.
VPNs encrypt your internet traffic so third parties, like your ISP, can’t monitor your online activity. If you accidentally open a copyrighted file on Putlocker while you’re connected to a VPN, nobody will ever know.
Copyright infringement isn’t the only risk with streaming Putlocker. Dangerous pop-ups and banner ads put your device at risk every time you open the site.
Read on to find out how to stream Putlocker without putting yourself at risk.
The Best VPNs for Putlocker: Quick Guide
- CyberGhost: A great option for beginners. Its high-speed servers make streaming easy.
- NordVPN: Its built-in ad blocker and high-end security features will keep your connection anonymous.
- ExpressVPN:The fastest VPN available will banish buffering while you stream Putlocker safely.
- Surfshark: Offers super-fast speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and high-end security protocols.
- PrivateVPN:Budget-friendly PrivateVPN offers state-of-the-art security and super-fast servers.
Why You Need a VPN to Stay Safe on Putlocker
VPNs encrypt your data to make your online activity anonymous. So, if you accidentally stream a copyrighted file on Putlocker, it can’t be traced back to you. Thanks to this encryption, your ISP won’t even know you’ve been using Putlocker.
Encryption also prevents hackers and attackers from stealing your personal information. This is especially important if you shop or bank online.
Unfortunately, not all VPNs are trustworthy. Low-quality VPNs use weaker security protocols, which can put your personal information at risk. Most of these services also lack the resources to offer high-speed connections, so your internet will be too slow to stream.
Thankfully, there are high-quality VPNs that are perfect for streaming Putlocker.
When you’re choosing a VPN for Putlocker, look for a provider that uses 256-bit encryption and keeps a strict no-logs policy. An automatic kill switch will prevent unprotected data from leaving your network.
Your VPN should operate servers in many different countries, including the one you live in. Connecting to an international server will slow your connection down because your data has to travel farther. If you connect to a server close to your physical location, you’ll be running at top speed.
For the best movie marathons, you’ll need a VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth and super-fast connections. There’s nothing worse than buffering when you’re immersed in a good movie!
The VPNs we recommend below have all the features you need to stream Putlocker safely.
Can Using Putlocker Actually Get Me in Legal Trouble?
Although some of Putlocker’s content is shared legally, a lot of its files are uploaded without permission. This violates copyright laws, and you can get in legal trouble for viewing them.
Putlocker has had many run-ins with the legal systems in the US, the UK, and Australia in the past. In some cases, it has even been taken down or blocked. But, like those old-fashioned whack-a-mole games at the carnival, it keeps popping up again and again.
This is because Putlocker is just an index that links users to video files that are hosted on external websites. When the main Putlocker website is blocked or removed, it’s only a matter of hours until an identical site appears using a different URL.
Copyright laws change from country to country, so Putlocker’s legality depends on where you live. Although many users stream without any issues, others have received copyright infringement notices and even fines.
Can Putlocker Harm My Computer?
Putlocker bombards its users with ads. Some are pop-ups, and some are banner ads embedded in the site.
Although these annoying ads are usually harmless, some of them can be very dangerous.
Malware programmers place ads on websites that automatically download malware to your device without your knowledge.
The best way to protect yourself from malicious ads and pop-ups is to install an ad blocker. Many top VPNs offer built-in ad blockers with their apps. There are also many ad blocking extensions available for browsers, but it’s important to choose the best one to use.
You can find out everything you need to know about viruses and other malware by reading our experts’ guide.
The Best VPNs for Putlocker
- Ad, malware, and tracker blocker available for most platforms
- 24/7 live chat support
- Military-level security
Super-fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth makes CyberGhost our top choice for streaming Putlocker. It even has specialized servers for streaming!
CyberGhost operates 3,600+ servers in 60 countries. It offers apps for most platforms, and you can connect up to seven devices at the same time.
Best of all, its high-end security features will keep your connection anonymous and protect your data.
You can try CyberGhost with a 24-hour free trial and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
- Top-of-the-line encryption
- Apps for all devices
- Built-in ad, malware, and tracker blocker
NordVPN combines high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and top-of-the-line security features for the smoothest streaming experience possible. With virtual locations in 50+ countries, you’re sure to find a server close to home.
NordVPN safeguards your personal information with military-grade encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch. This ensures you’ll always be anonymous online.
Impressive all-around service has earned NordVPN excellent customer reviews, and you can try it out risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
- Fastest VPN on the market
- Huge server network
- Dedicated streaming servers
ExpressVPN’s unlimited bandwidth and specialized servers mean you can say goodbye to buffering when you’re streaming Putlocker. Although it doesn’t offer a built-in ad blocker, it works seamlessly with most ad blocking extensions.
Its state-of-the-art security features protect your personal information. With 256-bit encryption, a no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch, you’ll always be anonymous online.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial for the Android and iOS apps. To learn more about what this lightning-fast VPN can do, check out what real users have to say about ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
- Blocks ads, malware, and trackers
- Allows unlimited simultaneous connections
- Offers DNS leak protection
Surfshark offers high speeds, a growing global network of servers, and powerful security features that keep you safe while you stream Putlocker.
It has apps for most major platforms, and offers unlimited simultaneous connections. This means you can protect all your devices at once with just one account.
If you’re not sure if Surfshark is right for you, click here to read real user reviews. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Tough encryption protocols that secure your connection
- Outstanding customer service
- Apps for almost every device
PrivateVPN is a budget-friendly provider with state-of-the-art security features and unlimited bandwidth.
It’s easy to use, and great for beginners. While there is no live chat support, if you’re new to VPNs you can have a customer support agent install your VPN software for you via remote assistance.
Make the most of its 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee to find out why our users trust PrivateVPN.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Streaming from Putlocker can be risky, but a high-quality VPN will keep you safe.
A VPN will prevent third parties from tracking your internet activity. This means that if you accidentally stream an illegally shared file, nobody else will know.
If you’re looking for the best all-in-one package, CyberGhost is our top choice for streaming Putlocker. Its high-speed connections will keep the entertainment flowing while it works behind the scenes to keep you safe.
Are you looking to save money? Check out our best VPN deals and coupon codes to get the best price on your VPN service.
Need a lightweight VPN solution for Chrome? Here are our experts’ top recommendations.
Here’s everything you need to know about the best and worst ad blockers.