Alex (Shurf) Frenkel
(Ex-Hacker and Technical Researcher)
Identity Cloaker is an internet privacy and identity protection service located in the Czech Republic. For the purpose of keeping their users' private and anonymous, Identity Cloaker uses a network of private anonymous proxy servers. They also use SSH tunneling and L2TP and OpenVPN protocols, with 256-bit AES encryption. Currently, the Identity Cloaker network includes 31 servers in 16 countries, including Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America, to a total of 534 IP addresses.
The application is very easy to configure and use. As it is a small client application, there is no need for users to install anything on their devices. The application can also be used from a USB stick or memory card, without the need to install anything on the user's computer. With Identity Cloaker, users can have access not only mask their online identity, but can also have access to geo-restricted websites and services, such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, BBC iPlayer, Spotify, Pandora, and more. Users only need to select the correct locations that give them access to those websites and services.
Connections used through Identity Cloaker are fast and reliable. There is no limit to the number of devices that can be used at the same time.
The Identity Cloaker client app can be used on any version of Microsoft Windows. There is also a pre-release version available for Macs. On smartphones and tablets that support iOS and Android, users can connect through VPN. The Identity Cloaker website has an extensive FAQ section, and customer support can be contacted via email.
Identity Cloaker offers several subscription plans: 30 days, 3 months, 6 months and one year. The service also offers a 10-day trial access. There is also a 14-day money back guarantee.
|Number of countries with servers||16|
|Number of servers||32|
|Number of IP addresses||500|
|Does VPN keep logs?||Partially|
|Does VPN include a kill switch?||Yes|
|Number of devices per license||20|
1. Sign up here to create your account
2. Download the program file (no installation is required) and run it
3. You can choose the server you wish to connect to, or if you to have one automatically selected, simply click "Connect"
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer will now automatically use this to secure all of your browsing
5. Mozilla Firefox can be used with the program if you click "Install Firefox Extension" in the app – when Firefox is restarted it will automatically connect to the secure connection
6. Other browsers can also be used, but each connection must be set up manually each time you use the browser – it won"t connect automatically
Identity Cloaker offers a free 10 day trial for its single service. Subscriptions are available for either 1, 3, 6 or 12 months with a 14 day money back guarantee, all options provide the same service.
We found Identity Cloaker to be one of the easiest to use and understand systems, and they have server uptimes of almost 100%, but if you do get stuck, support can be contacted through an email support ticket, by filling out the form on the support section of their website. They typically reply within a couple of hours.
- Very simple to use
- Advanced encryption
- No installation - run from file
- No logs recorded
- Get started with Identity Cloaker now