How to Get a Venezuela IP Address With a VPN (2024 Guide)
- Quick Guide: How to Get a Venezuela IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Get a Venezuela IP From Anywhere in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Fastest Speeds to Stream Lag-Free With Your New Venezuela IP
- CyberGhost — A Venezuela IP Server Optimized for Torrenting to Download Content Faster
- Private Internet Access (PIA) — Customizable Security Settings for Advanced Privacy With the Venezuela IP
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Venezuela IP Address
- FAQs on Getting a Venezuela IP Address With a VPN
- Get a Venezuela IP Address in Minutes
To use some of your local Venezuelan apps and websites, you need a Venezuela IP address. Almost all online banking services block non-Venezuelan traffic to help combat fraud, as cybercrime is an increasing issue. Plus, the Venezuelan government is known to track its citizens' internet activities, so you need some extra security even if you’re browsing from within the country.
A VPN can give you a Venezuela IP address and encrypt your traffic. This way, you can use your services (including banking or gaming accounts) safely with your new IP address.
Of all the VPNs that I tested, ExpressVPN stood out as the best to get a Venezuela IP address. It has fast and reliable local servers to use services such as Farmatodo and El Clarín safely without issues. You can even test ExpressVPN risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Venezuela IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has consistently fast speeds and a strict no-log policy to protect your privacy while using a Venezuela IP address.
- Connect to a server in Venezuela. To get a Venezuelan IP address, your VPN should offer Venezuelan servers.
- Start browsing. Safely browse the internet with your new Venezuela IP address.
Why You Need a VPN to Get a Venezuela IP Address
Venezuelan websites and services use IP-blocking tools to ensure that only users in the country can access them. This is typically to protect against fraud and other cybercrime.
A VPN changes your IP address by sending your internet traffic through its servers in Venezuela. This process is called VPN tunneling, and it ensures that your real location remains hidden and your online data private. VPNs also encrypt your traffic, making it unreadable to third parties. This can help you avoid some ISP throttling, too.
Good VPNs protect you with robust security features. You get a suite of privacy-focused tools like 256-bit AES encryption, DNS/IP leak protection, and a kill switch to protect you from snoops and trackers. This is vital to protect your sensitive data wherever you are.
Best VPNs to Get a Venezuela IP From Anywhere in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Excellent speeds, even on long-distance servers
|Security and Privacy
|AES 256-bit encryption, Threat Manager tracker and malware blocker, IP/DNS leak protection, automatic obfuscation with its Lightway protocol
|Extremely fast — our tester in Venezuela could stream live TV lag-free
|Netflix Venezuela, ViVe, Televen, Venevisión, and more
ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN we tested. My colleague from Caracas reported that they lost only 9% from their base speeds when they tested the Venezuela server, so they could watch live TV on Venevisión in the best available quality with no lag. This was impressive since some VPNs can slow down your connection by up to 20%, even on local servers.
I also like that ExpressVPN is committed to keeping your online activity private while using a Venezuela IP address. It has a verified, strict no-logs policy. Plus, it uses TrustedServer technology (RAM-only servers) that erase all data every time they restart. This ensures that your online activities remain private and that your information is secure from third-party surveillance.
ExpressVPN has native apps for the most popular operating systems, so you can get a Venezuela IP on almost any device. You can also install it on your router to get a new IP on devices that don’t natively support VPNs. It also has a router app, which makes changing servers much easier than with other VPNs.
The main downside is its cost, starting at $6.67/month. But depending on the active offers, you can save up to $6.67/month when you subscribe. Plus, every plan includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test out ExpressVPN Venezuela servers risk-free. I personally tested this claim by asking for a refund through its 24/7 live chat and received my money back in just 2 days.
- Kill switch (Network Lock). This feature protects your data from leaking if your connection to the VPN server drops unexpectedly or you’re switching between servers. This makes sure that your real IP isn’t exposed to anyone online.
- Easy-to-use apps. The apps are intuitive and easy to use, even if you’ve never used a VPN before. To find a Venezuela server, all you need to do is type the country name in the server list search bar and double-click on the location to connect.
- Simultaneous connections. With 8 connections, you can use the VPN to get a Venezuela IP on your most frequently used devices. This gives you great value for money since you can protect multiple devices under one subscription.
- Based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). On top of ExpressVPN’s robust no-logs policy, you can be sure your data is safe, given that it’s based in the BVI. This jurisdiction has strict laws around how much data can be collected and for how long it can be stored. Plus, the BVI is outside of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliances, so it’s safe from prying eyes.
|A Venezuelan P2P-optimized server lets you download files without delays
|Security and Privacy
|Kill switch to protect you from data leaks, plus automatic public WiFi protection
|Fast — I could download large files with minimal slowdowns
|Netflix Venezuela, ViVe, Televen, Venevisión, and more
CyberGhost offers a specialized torrenting server for Venezuela, optimized to give you a smooth downloading experience. I tested its speeds from my location in Nairobi and lost only 19% of my baseline. When my friend sent me our holiday pictures (totaling 5GB), it took me less than 10 minutes to download them with this server.
Smart rules are a collection of automation features that make the app easier to use. For instance, our tester in Caracas configured CyberGhost to automatically connect to a server in Venezuela when they opened the Netflix app, and it worked with no issues every time. There’s also a WiFi protection feature to ensure the VPN connects every time you join a public WiFi network.
Its biggest drawback is its expensive monthly plan that only offers a 14-day money-back guarantee. However, CyberGhost’s long-term plans are much more affordable, starting from as low as $2.03/month.
The long-term plans also have an extended 45-day money-back guarantee, so you can try CyberGhost for free longer. I tested this claim by contacting customer support through its chat support and received my money back into my account 4 days later.
- Transparent and honest. Unlike some other VPNs, CyberGhost is open about how many servers it has in Venezuela (14) and elsewhere. Plus, it publishes a quarterly transparency report that discloses how many times it’s been legally requested to hand over data by governments and other third parties.
- DNS and IP leak protection. You can browse Venezuelan websites safely without worrying about hackers and snoops. During my tests, CyberGhost passed every leak test I threw its way.
- Split tunneling. You can assign some of your traffic to go through the VPN’s Venezuela server while the rest uses your regular internet connection. This frees up some bandwidth, which can give you a speed boost if your base connection is slow.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Customizable Security Settings for Advanced Privacy With the Venezuela IP
|Adjustable encryption levels for either faster speeds or better privacy with your Venezuela IP address
|Security and Privacy
|RAM-only servers ensure your data gets wiped with every reboot
|Fast, but slower on long-distance servers — still, I experienced no lag downloading large files
|Netflix Venezuela, ViVe, Televen, Venevisióm, and more
PIA allows you to adjust your security features to suit your needs while using its Venezuela IP addresses. For example, you can choose the WireGuard protocol for speed or OpenVPN for better security. You can even lower the encryption level if you’re using OpenVPN, which can help you optimize your speeds for streaming.
PIA's ad blocker, MACE, protects your data from ads, trackers, and malware while browsing Venezuelan websites. When you visit a site, MACE checks the DNS addresses connected to it. If it finds an address linked to an ad or tracking network, it blocks it from loading. I tried it out on eluniversal.com, and MACE blocked all ads and pop-ups.
I was disappointed that PIA’s speeds were slower than ExpressVPN and CyberGhost. When I tested its servers in Venezuela from Nairobi, my speeds dropped by approximately 39% from my base speeds. However, I could still download large copyright-free files without much slowdown.
If you’re unsure whether it’s the right VPN for you, you can take advantage of PIA’s 30-day money-back guarantee to test it out without risking your money.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections. You can connect as many devices as you want on one account. So, you can get a Venezuela IP on all your devices without needing to pay more.
- P2P support. Similar to ExpressVPN, PIA’s entire server network is torrent-friendly, so you can safely download copyright-free files using its Venezuela IP addresses.
- WiFi protection. PIA offers a robust WiFi protection feature that automatically connects your VPN if it detects you’re using a public network. This means you can securely access your Venezuelan bank accounts even when using airport or library WiFi networks.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Venezuela IP Address
These are all the factors I looked at when selecting the best VPNs for a Venezuela IP address:
- Reliable local servers. I checked and confirmed that all the VPNs in this list have servers in Venezuela. Only those with servers in the country will give you a Venezuelan IP address.
- Security and privacy features. I chose VPNs with features such as 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS/IP leak protection to ensure that your data always stays safe and private while using a Venezuela IP address.
- Fast speeds. I only picked VPNs that offer consistently fast speeds so you can use your Venezuela IP for any online activity without slowdowns or lag, which we all know is always frustrating.
- Easy-to-use apps. I prioritized VPNs with user-friendly apps, ideally with a one-click connect feature. This way, you can connect to a server in Venezuela and get a new IP even without prior experience with VPNs.
- Reliable customer service. I only chose VPNs that offer support through different channels, including live chat and email, so you can get help when you need it.
- Trustworthy money-back guarantee. I tested and confirmed that all the VPNs on this list have a legitimate money-back guarantee, which allows you to try their Venezuela IP addresses at no risk.
FAQs on Getting a Venezuela IP Address With a VPN
Is using a VPN to get an IP address for Venezuela legal?
Yes, getting a Venezuela IP address with a VPN is legal in most countries. You simply need to use a reliable VPN and connect to its servers in Venezuela. However, different countries have different laws regarding VPN use. For example, China, Russia, Belarus, and Turkey restrict or ban VPN use. So, ensure to always be up to date with your local country’s laws to avoid breaking them.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Venezuela IP address?
Most free VPNs don’t offer Venezuela IPs. Also, they’re often unreliable and full of security and privacy risks that jeopardize your safety. A more reliable option is to use a premium VPN that comes with a money-back guarantee. Premium VPNs offer faster speeds and advanced features to protect your data while you’re using their Venezuela IP addresses.
Additionally, free VPNs often have slow speeds, data caps, and server overcrowding that could affect your experience. Some even log and sell your data in exchange for the free service. Even worse, a handful have been found to contain malware and other threats.
How do I make sure my IP address has changed to Venezuela?
You can use vpnMentor’s IP Info Checker. Open your chosen VPN, connect to a server in Venezuela, and then go to the IP checker website. If the location shows Venezuela, your IP address has changed. If you’re already in Venezuela, then the IP address shown on the IP checker should differ from your usual one.
Can I legally torrent in Venezuela?
Yes, sharing copyright-free files is legal in Venezuela. However, torrenting can make you vulnerable to hackers and snoops. A reliable VPN can help protect you from potential online threats as it encrypts your data while using your chosen P2P network.
It is important to be aware that downloading copyrighted materials is illegal in most countries. The vpnMentor team and I do not endorse the use of a VPN for any illicit activities, and engaging in such actions may result in legal consequences.
Is there another way to get a Venezuela IP address (without a VPN)?
Yes, you can get a Venezuela IP address with a proxy server. However, proxies don't encrypt your connection, so I don’t recommend you use them, particularly given the level of surveillance and censorship in Venezuela. Instead, I recommend using a reliable VPN with strong encryption for maximum security and privacy.
There are other alternatives, like the Tor network and SSH tunnels. Tor is a privacy-focused browser but can make your browsing noticeably slower. On the other hand, SSH tunnels offer a secure connection, but setting them up can be technical and challenging if you have limited technical knowledge. A VPN is the simplest, most secure way to get a Venezuela IP address.
Get a Venezuela IP Address in Minutes
A reliable VPN is the easiest solution for changing your online location to Venezuela. The VPNs on my list offer servers in Venezuela and keep your browsing habits private with robust security and privacy features, all without slowing you down.
ExpressVPN is my top choice for getting a Venezuela IP address. It offers fast speeds and diskless servers, so none of your data ever falls into the wrong hands. Plus, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free, as it’s backed by a reliable 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs to get a Venezuela IP address…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.