How to Get a Venezuela IP Address from Anywhere in 2019 [+VIDEO]
If you’re outside Venezuela and have financial commitments there, you will have difficulties using your bank accounts or paying bills online. You might also face restrictions on communicating with or sending money to loved ones.
Recent government crackdowns on the country’s financial sector make it impossible to access your money in Venezuela without a Venezuelan IP address.
To solve the problem, you need a secure VPN with servers in Venezuela. VPNs that operate in Venezuela are tricky to find, but there are some reliable services available. Read on to find out which providers we recommend.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Venezuelan IP Address with a VPN
- Choose a VPN with servers in Venezuela. For security and reliability, we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app and install it on your computer or other device.
- Launch the software and connect to a server in Venezuela.
- Use our tool to check your new IP address.
Table of Contents
- How a VPN Can Get You a Venezuelan IP Address
- What Else Can a VPN Do for You? Online Safety and Unrestricted Streaming
- How to Choose the Best VPN – What to Look For
- The Best VPNs to Get a Venezuelan IP Address
A VPN reroutes your data through a private server within the network. It’s a process called VPN tunneling, and it gives your traffic a new IP address. The IP address websites see is based on the VPN server location, not your own.
If you connect to a Venezuelan server, websites will be tricked into thinking you are really in Venezuela. And because it strongly encrypts your information, using a secure VPN is the best way to access your bank accounts, pay bills, or send money to friends and family.
A Venezuelan IP address from a secure VPN will let you bypass government regulations on banking. You’ll be to access your accounts and pay bills from anywhere in the world.
Top VPNs use advanced security technology to ensure that your activity will be hidden as well as your location. Using Venezuelan websites anonymously helps protect people you know in the country from government harassment.
Free IP switchers like proxies can also mask your location, but they are not a good choice for Venezuela because of their weak encryption. Proxies often use P2P networks that are easy to detect and can expose your data and true location to government spies.
In addition to military-grade security, premium VPNs offer unlimited location switching. It’s an important feature for getting around Venezuela’s ever-tightening censorship restrictions. Use your Venezuela IP to access Venezuelan services, then switch to another server for all your other browsing.
If you have family and friends in Venezuela, they should all be using VPNs, too, every time they go online. Top VPNs will give them safe access to the outside world, including top entertainment sites like US Netflix, Hulu, and the BBC iPlayer.
- Servers in Venezuela: VPN servers in Venezuela are hard to come by, but your VPN will need at least one to give you a Venezuelan IP address.
- Strong encryption: Make sure your VPN uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). It’s the best choice to keep your traffic hidden.
- User-friendly applications: Look for a VPN that offers cross-platform apps that let you switch server locations easily.
- High speeds: A VPN with fast servers is a must if you want to stream videos without constant buffering or lag.
ExpressVPN is an industry leader for connection speed and security, and one of our most highly rated VPNs. It offers a reliable worldwide network with at least one location in Venezuela.
ExpressVPN has impressive security credentials, including a verified pledge to keep no logs and military-grade AES encryption. The apps are user-friendly and have advanced security features like a kill switch to ensure that your identity is never revealed.
New users can sign up with the peace of mind of the 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
HideMyAss! (HMA) has the largest server network out of all the VPNs we’ve reviewed, with locations in 190 countries. It offers two servers in Venezuela, with six IP addresses.
HMA uses military-grade AES encryption and offers apps for all major platforms and devices. It does log some connection data, but no information about your activity will be kept. Our in-house tests have shown that HMA servers are fast and reliable, and users agree.
HMA offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for new users.
HideMyAss! can unblock:
- Hulu, BBC iPlayer.
- Torrenting discouraged.
HideMyAss! works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Routers.
Ivacy VPN offers a reliable and user-friendly combination of speed and security. It has three servers in Caracas, so you will have no trouble accessing Venezuelan banking platforms and unlocking other geo-restricted content.
Ivacy VPN servers are configured for P2P, which makes the VPN a user favorite for torrenting. However, due to the level of internet surveillance in Venezuela, we recommend using servers in other countries for P2P activities.
When it comes to security, Ivacy VPN impresses. Strong AES 256-bit encryption and a kill switch are provided in apps for a variety of devices. One subscription protects up to five devices at once, so you can share the service with loved ones.
You can sign up with the peace of mind of a 7-day money-back guarantee on a one-month contract, or a 30-day money-back guarantee for longer plans.Need More Info? Here’s our detailed expert review of Ivacy.