How to Unblock Netflix US From Anywhere in 2021
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Netflix US From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Why you need a VPN to watch Netflix US
- Best VPN to Watch Netflix US in September 2021
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch Netflix US With No Buffering
- How to set up a VPN to Unblock Netflix US
- FAQs on Unblocking Netflix US
- Start Watching US Netflix Now!
After making my way through everything on my watchlist, I decided to find some new titles to watch by connecting to the massive Netflix US library. However, you can’t just access these shows and movies from outside the US.
After trying out a few methods, I found that a VPN is the best way to connect to Netflix US. A VPN will trick Netflix into thinking you’re watching from the US, allowing you to watch titles from that library!
I tested 30+ VPNs and ExpressVPN is my favorite because it let me connect to Netflix US with ease and has ultra-fast speeds. It even has a money-back guarantee so you can try it out for 30 days risk-free!
Quick Guide: How to Watch Netflix US From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as its superfast speeds will let you watch Netflix US without buffering.
- Connect to a US server. US Netflix has a much larger range of titles than most countries.
- Start watching Netflix US! Log into Netflix as usual and start watching!
Why you need a VPN to watch Netflix US
We can’t access every title Netflix has because it blocks certain shows and movies based on the geographical location due to licensing restrictions. This is known as geoblocking, something Netflix is notoriously good at.
A VPN hides your location by changing your IP address, so you can appear to be watching from whatever country you need. By connecting to one of VPN’s US servers, Netflix will think you’re watching from the US and allow you to access its content.
With a VPN you can unblock Netflix US easily, and gain access to exclusive content unavailable in your own country.
- Ultra-fast speeds to watch Netflix US in HD without interruptions
- 3,000 servers worldwide for easily unblocking US Netflix
- MediaStreamer lets you watch on any WiFi compatible device
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN’s ultra-fast servers deliver incredible speeds so you can watch Netflix US without frustrating lag. I put these servers to the test and after trying out more than 20 throughout the US, I never dropped below 65 Mbps! For context, you only need 5 Mbps to stream in HD, so my picture was great throughout. With speeds like these you can watch Netflix US in full HD without interruptions.
Geoblocking is no problem for ExpressVPN and its wide selection of US servers. While I was running my tests, I managed to connect to US Netflix every time without any issues. Connecting to new servers is easy and takes seconds, so you will always be able to find a good server wherever you need it.
ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer can be super useful. It lets you watch geoblocked content on devices that usually aren’t compatible with VPNs. Using ExpressVPN’s quick guide, I was able to connect my PlayStation in 5 minutes, but you can also use it with other consoles, Smart TVs and more. With MediaStreamer, you’re able to watch Netflix US on almost any device.
The only part of using ExpressVPN I didn’t really like was paying—its price plans are a bit on the expensive side. Luckily, you can now get 49% off with the discount it’s currently offering.
If you’d like to see if ExpressVPN will be your new favourite too, you can try it risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. I wanted to see how easy this process would be, so I contacted customer service on day 25 to cancel my subscription. After a quick chat, they approved my refund and I had my money back 4 days later.
How to set up a VPN to Unblock Netflix US
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it gives you access to any country’s Netflix library, including the US, with incredible speeds.
- Sign up for Netflix. Go to Netflix’s website and create an account. If you have a Netflix subscription already, you can skip this step!
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US. Open your VPN app and choose a server in the US.
- Sign in to Netflix. Sign into your Netflix account as usual.
- Start Watching Netflix US! Search for the title you want and press play!
FAQs on Unblocking Netflix US
🤑 Can I watch Netflix US for free?
Not exactly, but you can do it cheaply! Certain countries can still claim Netflix’s 30-day free trial, but in others you can get a one month upgrade. If you already have Netflix, you can use it to connect to the US version using a VPN.
ExpressVPN has a money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free along with Netflix’s offers to make some serious savings!
😄 Does Netflix block VPN traffic?
It certainly tries. Netflix is notorious for using geoblocking to stop you from watching the titles available in other countries, but good VPNs can get around this. ExpressVPN avoided Netflix’s geoblocking and allowed me to watch Netflix US without issues.
🙂 Do free VPNs work with Netflix US?
They don’t, and can cause serious problems for you in some cases. Not only do most free VPNs not have the quality servers needed to subvert Netflix’s geoblocking, many contain malware, and aren’t in the country they claim. They also have data caps, meaning that you can only stream for 2 to 3 hours while connected to their servers.
A safer way to save money while watching US Netflix would be to use the ExpressVPN discount and money-back guarantee.
😊 Do I need a US account to watch Netflix US?
You don’t, your usual Netflix account can be used. Once you have downloaded a VPN you can connect to any server in the US. Then, when you log in as normal, Netflix will be tricked into thinking you’re watching from that region and you will have access to the entire Netflix US library!
Start Watching US Netflix Now!
If you want to watch Netflix US from another country you need a VPN. By masking your location and making Netflix think you’re in the US, a VPN will allow you to access Netflix US from anywhere else in the world.
I recommend ExpressVPN because of its ultra-fast speeds and reliable connections. It will let you watch Netflix US in full HD without any frustrating buffering. You can even take advantage of its 30 day money-back guarantee and try it out risk-free.
To summarize, the best VPN for watching Netflix US …
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.