How to Install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire Stick in 2023
- How to Install ExpressVPN on Fire Stick in 2023
- ExpressVPN for Amazon Fire Stick in 2023
- ExpressVPN — Superfast Speeds to Watch your Fire Stick Without Buffering
- Fire Stick Not Working with ExpressVPN? Try These Tips
- FAQs on How to Install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire Stick
- Install ExpressVPN on Fire Stick Now
Amazon Fire Stick should give you access to a world of shows and movies. But geo-restrictions mean that you are blocked from watching certain content, especially when you travel to censorship-heavy countries. I use ExpressVPN to stream from anywhere on all my other devices, so I decided to see how difficult it was to install it onto my Fire Stick. Turns out, it’s really easy.
I’ve put together a simple guide looking at the 3 main ways to get ExpressVPN on Fire Stick. It only takes a couple of minutes to gain access to global content when you travel, and protect your identity from your ISP and any cyber threats while you stream.
My number 1 choice for Fire Stick is ExpressVPN thanks to its incredible speeds and top-class security. You can test ExpressVPN out completely risk-free as it's backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee — if you don't like it, you can claim a full refund.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Fire Stick in 2023
There are 3 simple ways to get ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire Stick. Follow my step-by-step guides to access geo-blocked content securely with a VPN.
How to Download ExpressVPN onto Fire Stick from the App Store
- Search for ExpressVPN on your Fire Stick home screen. ExpressVPN is great for Fire Stick since it has excellent speeds and security. It also has a native Fire Stick app, so it’s easy to set up.
- Choose the app and hit the Download button. It won’t take long to download directly to your Fire Stick.
- Click to open. Enter your details and choose your plan. Once it’s all set up, just pick a server and connect.
- That’s it - you can enjoy safe streaming on your Fire Stick.
How to Sideload ExpressVPN onto your Fire Stick
Sideloading ExpressVPN onto your Fire Stick is a method you can use if for any reason you’re unable to get it using the App store.
- Go to your Fire Stick’s settings. Click the “Device” icon.
- Get the Downloader app. In the main page of your Fire Stick, go to the Find > Search option.
- Turn ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources on. You’ll find this in the Developer Options area. Turn “ADB Debugging” to the On position, along with “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Locate the Downloader app. Just type the name into the search field and click “Downloader” when it appears.
- Accept the permissions request. It asks if the app can have access to photos, media, and other files. You need to accept this to continue.
- Enter ExpressVPN’s APK URL. Click Go and Install to begin the download.
- Connect to a server and stream securely. Your Fire Stick is now protected.
How to Use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer with Fire Stick
MediaStreamer is a great way to watch content on devices that aren’t normally compatible with VPNs. Be aware, it gives you less protection than using the ExpressVPN app directly, so I would recommend using the app if you can.
- Get a static IP address. If you don’t already have one, you can get this by registering for a DDNS hostname online.
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and sign in. Choose the Set Up on More Devices option and click MediaStreamer.
- Copy the two MediaStreamer addresses provided. Keep them safe as you’ll need them for later.
- Go to Fire Stick Settings and access the Network menu. In WiFi, instruct the device to forget the current connection.
- Type in your WiFi password and click Advanced options. When prompted, enter an IP address that’s from the same range as your existing router. Put your real IP address in the Default Gateway textbox.
- Add the two MediaStreamer IP addresses. These should go in the two DNS fields provided.
- Click connect. You should now be able to stream on your Fire Stick using ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer feature.
Tested January 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Excellent speeds
- 3,000 servers in 94 countries
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Kodi, and more
ExpressVPN comes with outstanding speeds that give you bufferless viewing on your Fire Stick. During my tests, I got speeds of around 300 Mbps. Since you only need 5 Mbps for regular HD viewing and 25 Mbps for 4K quality, this is way more than you need to watch the best shows and movies on Fire Stick without any irritating interruptions.
There are thousands of global servers so you can watch your Amazon Fire Stick from anywhere and enjoy your favorite content while you travel to restricted regions. I tried its US, UK, Italian, and Australian servers and had fast connections in every location I tested. Connections remained fully stable while I watched my Fire Stick. This means you won’t be interrupted by annoying disconnects during a show.
It has state-of-the-art security features, so you’re protected from cyber attacks while you enjoy Fire Stick shows. The VPN comes with 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protocols that ensure your personal data is hidden from threats. An online DNS test proved that ExpressVPN was doing its job and masking my IP with its own servers each time. You don’t have to worry about malicious threats when you’re using these servers.
One downside is that its pricing plans are more expensive than other VPNs. Prices start at $6.67/month, but I got a 49% discount along with 3 free months when I subscribed to the longer plan.
You can try ExpressVPN without any risk — it’s backed by 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you find you don’t like it you can claim a full refund. I asked to cancel my account via Live Chat on day 29. The rep asked me about my experience and why I wanted to quit, but approved my refund within a couple of minutes. My money was back in my account 3 days later.
Fire Stick Not Working with ExpressVPN? Try These Tips
You may occasionally find that you run into problems using a VPN with your Fire Stick. Luckily, these issues are usually simple to fix. Here are the most common hitches, and how to easily resolve them:
- Slow speeds - ExpressVPN is renowned for its superfast servers. But if you find that your speeds have slowed when you connect — giving you lagging and buffering while you stream — just switch to a different server. Luckily, ExpressVPN has multiple servers in each location. So if one is experiencing difficulties, you have plenty of other options.
- Streaming sites blocking access - I rarely have this problem with ExpressVPN, but occasionally you might find that when you attempt to login to a streaming site, you’ll get a block screen. If this happens and switching to a different server doesn’t work, try going to the VPN settings and changing the protocol to L2TP/IPSec or PPTP. These protocols are still secure, but can disguise the fact that you are using a VPN from the streaming provider.
FAQs on How to Install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire Stick
Can streaming services detect ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire Stick?
No, streaming services can’t detect ExpressVPN on Fire Stick. ExpressVPN uses military-grade encryption and other security features that make its servers undetectable. Once you have connected to a server of your choice, you get a secure connection to its IP address, fully hiding your identity. This means you can enjoy Fire Stick without any interruptions or cyber threats.
Can you connect your phone to Amazon Fire Stick?
You can cast your phone screen onto Fire TV, or use your phone as a Fire Stick remote. Select Mirroring from your Fire Stick home screen, and pick the device you want to use (just make sure they’re both connected to the same WiFi). If your Fire Stick doesn’t support mirroring, you can use the Airscreen app. To use your phone as a remote, just open the Fire TV app on your mobile device and follow the onscreen prompts to connect. Always use your Fire Stick with ExpressVPN to keep your identity private.
How do I use my Fire Stick with a smart TV?
You can connect your Fire Stick directly to your TV. Just insert the Fire Stick into your HDMI port and switch the input. Always make sure you stream with a great VPN such as ExpressVPN as well as your Fire Stick. This will protect you from cyber attacks while giving you fast speeds and the ability to access content from anywhere.
Install ExpressVPN on Fire Stick Now
To unblock global content, keep your identity secure, and maintain fast, bufferless streaming whenever you use Fire Stick, simply install ExpressVPN to the device. It only takes a couple of minutes.
ExpressVPN is great for Fire Stick because it comes with superfast speeds, a massive network of international servers, and military-grade encryption and security features to keep you safe while you watch. You can get it now for just $6.67/month and try it risk-free. If you don’t like it, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.