How to Watch Discovery Plus From Anywhere in 2023
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Discovery Plus From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPN for Watching Discovery Plus in February 2023
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch Discovery Plus With No Buffering
- How to Sign up For Discovery Plus US
- FAQs on Watching Discovery Plus from Anywhere
- Start Watching Discovery Plus Now!
When I saw the awesome new exclusives coming to Discovery Plus US like the latest Ghost Adventures and true crime documentaries, I couldn't wait to watch them. But I was devastated to find that a lot of the US content is blocked in my country. Determined to find a solution, I tested lots of different methods and finally found one that works.
The only way I could find to watch Discovery Plus is with a VPN. A VPN hides your IP address and makes it look like you're watching Discovery Plus from the US.
After testing 30+ VPNs, I found the ones that worked well streaming from US servers. My favorite is ExpressVPN because of its vast network of efficient servers. You can even try it out risk-free before you commit. If you don’t like it, you can ask for a refund within 30 days.
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as its global network of servers will let you watch any country’s content.
- Connect to a US server. Many Discovery Plus exclusives are only available in the US.
- Start watching Discovery Plus! Log in to Discovery Plus, search for the title you want, and start watching!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Discovery Plus
If you’re hoping to watch the US-exclusive shows on Discovery Plus from outside the US, you’re going to need to bypass its blocks. Sites like Discovery Plus use geoblocks to stop you from streaming its titles outside certain regions.
With a VPN, you can hide your location by masking your IP address. This will allow you to appear to be watching in the US from anywhere.
By using a VPN you can access Discovery Plus US, with all of its exclusive programs and specials.
Tested February 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Fantastic speeds to watch Discovery Plus in HD without interruptions
- 3,000 servers worldwide to easily unblock streaming sites
- MediaStreamer lets you watch on any WiFi-enabled device
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN’s servers provide superfast speeds for the best quality streaming available. I wanted to put these speeds to the test, so I connected my laptop to several throughout the US. My expectations were high, but I was still impressed by my findings, which consistently averaged around 50 Mbps. If you’re hoping to watch Discovery Plus US in full HD, this is a great choice.
The fantastic speeds are matched by reliable connections even while you’re using servers on the other side of the planet. All servers remained stable while I browsed and managed to bypass the geoblocking when I connected to Discovery Plus US. Wherever you’re watching from, you’ll quickly bypass any blocks between you and the streaming site.
With MediaPlayer, you can use VPN servers with most WiFi-compatible devices. This feature is easy to set up using the on-site guide — I managed to install it on my PlayStation in about five minutes. MediaPlayer makes streaming while connected to ExpressVPN’s servers possible on any of your favorite devices.
One minor downside I found was the comparatively higher price. I was disappointed initially, but right now, you can reduce the price by 49% when you take its discount.
Even though I had a great experience with ExpressVPN, you might not be certain about signing up for a long-term subscription. You can always test it out for 30 days without having to worry about a lengthy contract. When I contacted customer service, it took just a short conversation to get my request approved. My money was in my account in 5 days.
How to Sign up For Discovery Plus US
To sign up for Discovery Plus US with a credit card, you will need a card with a 5-digit US zip code. Otherwise, you can use the gift card method outlined below.
Credit Card Method
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its vast and reliable server network.
- Connect your VPN to a US server. Many Discovery Plus titles are exclusive to the US site.
- Go to the Discovery Plus site. Click on ‘Start your Free Trial’, and choose between the basic ($4.99/per month) or ad-free ($6.99/per month) package.
- Create an account and add your payment info. Enter your name and other credit card information (including the ZIP code), and click ‘submit’. If your card doesn’t have a 5-digit US ZIP code, try the gift card option below.
- Start watching Discovery Plus. Search for the title you want and start watching!
Gift Card Method
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it gives you access to Discovery Plus US with HD quality.
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US. You need to connect to the US as it's the only place to access the US-exclusive Discovery Plus titles.
- Set up a US account on Google Play or App Store depending on whether you want to watch on Android or iOS devices.
- Purchase a US Google Play or iTunes gift card from MyGiftCardSupply. Select the amount and add it to your cart, then head to the checkout. You will need a MyGiftCardSupply account.
- Enter your billing details. Once your payment is approved, you’ll find a digital copy of the gift card code in your email. Make sure to check your junk folder if it doesn’t show up immediately.
- Top up your account and download the Discovery Plus US app. Choose either Google Play or iTunes, depending on which OS you’re using.
- Sign in to your Discovery Plus US account. Just use the details associated with your newly topped-up account. Remember, you’ll need to stay connected to a US VPN while you stream.
- Start watching Discovery Plus US! Check out all the exclusive titles available, and enjoy!
FAQs on Watching Discovery Plus from Anywhere
Where can I watch Discovery Plus US?
Discovery Plus is only available in the US and the UK due to broadcasting restrictions. If you’re in a different country, you won’t be able to access it.
Fortunately, I found a workaround — you can use a VPN and watch amazing documentaries and series on Discovery Plus from anywhere. All you have to do is get a VPN, connect to a server in the US and start watching Discovery Plus!
Can I access Discovery Plus for free?
Currently, there is a way to watch Discovery Plus for free. You can take advantage of the Discovery Plus free trial. Sign up with a US credit card, and you'll get this as standard. If you had to use the gift card method, like I did, you'll need to pay upfront to gain access. However, you'll also be eligible for Discovery Plus's free trial, so you can save your gift card for another binge-watch in the future!
You can also try out a VPN with a money-back guarantee before you commit to sticking with a lengthy subscription. This way, you can get your money back once you've watched all the exclusives on Discovery Plus - effectively getting it for free.
Which devices can I watch Discovery Plus on?
All WiFi-compatible devices capable of streaming can be used with the VPNs in my list. I found that each of the top VPNs are quick to set up and tested great while connected to US servers, making it easy to access and watch Discovery Plus US.
Start Watching Discovery Plus Now!
If you want to watch all of the Discovery Plus exclusive shows from outside the US, you’re going to need a VPN. By hiding your IP address, a VPN will let you watch Discovery Plus US from any region.
I recommend ExpressVPN because of its network of reliable and lightning-fast servers. It will give you access to all of the shows and movies you’ve been missing. You can even try it out risk-free. If you’re not happy with it, you have 30 days to request a full refund.
To summarize, the best VPN for watching Discovery Plus is…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.