How to Watch Discovery Plus Online With a VPN in 2024
When I saw the awesome new exclusives coming to Discovery Plus US like the latest Ghost Adventures and true crime documentaries, I couldn't wait to watch them. While Discovery Plus is available in various countries, libraries vary. You might not be able to watch all its best content due to regional broadcasting restrictions. The US library holds the widest selection of movies and TV shows currently available.
Theoretically, you could use a VPN to change your IP and watch Discovery Plus from anywhere. However, this constitutes copyright infringement and goes against the platform’s T&Cs. That being said, if you’re in a country where Discovery Plus is available and want your online activity secured, a VPN is a simple solution that won’t impact your streaming quality.
After testing 30+ VPNs, I found the ones that worked well streaming from the US. My favorite is ExpressVPN because of its vast network of efficient US servers. You can even try it out risk-free, as it backs its services with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Discovery Plus With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. With a widespread US server network offering high-speed connections, I recommend trying ExpressVPN for streaming Discovery Plus.
- If you’re in the US, connect to a nearby server. Choosing a server nearest to you will provide you with the fastest and most stable connection.
- Start watching Discovery Plus. Login to Discovery Plus, search for the title you want, and start watching.
Best VPN for Watching Discovery Plus in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Fantastic speeds to watch Discovery Plus in HD without interruptions
- 3,000 servers worldwide to easily find one close to you for HD streaming
- MediaStreamer lets you watch on any WiFi-enabled device
- 8 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN’s servers provide superfast speeds for the best quality streaming available from the States. I wanted to put these speeds to the test, so I connected my laptop to several throughout the US. My expectations were high, but I was still impressed by my findings, which consistently averaged around 50 Mbps. If you’re hoping to watch Discovery Plus from the US in full HD, this is a great choice.
Impressive speeds are complemented by dependable connections, even when utilizing servers located on the opposite side of the US. While traveling through the States, the servers maintained stability during browsing and streaming Discovery Plus, even when I was on the go and using public WiFi. Regardless of where in the US you are, you won’t have to pause or delay watching your favorite docuseries.
MediaPlayer allows you to utilize VPN servers on a wide range of WiFi-compatible devices. Setting up this feature is a breeze with the provided on-site guide—I successfully installed it on my PlayStation within approximately five minutes. Thanks to MediaPlayer, you can effortlessly stream content on your preferred devices while connected to ExpressVPN's servers.
One minor downside I found was the comparatively higher price. I was disappointed initially, but right now, you can reduce the price by 49% when you take its discount.
Even though I had a great experience with ExpressVPN, you might not be certain about signing up for a long-term subscription. You can always test it out for 30 days without having to worry about a lengthy contract. When I contacted customer service, it took just a short conversation to get my request approved. My money was in my account in 5 days.
How to Sign up For Discovery Plus
The typical way to sign up for Discovery Plus is with a credit card. If you’re in the US and you want to use this method, you’ll also need to provide your 5-digit US zip code. As another option, you can employ the gift card approach detailed further down.
Credit Card Method
- Go to the Discovery Plus site. Click on ‘Start your Free Trial’, and choose between the basic ($4.99/per month) or ad-free ($6.99/per month) package.
- Create an account and add your payment info. Enter your name and other credit card information (including your ZIP code)), and click ‘submit’.
- Start watching Discovery Plus. Search for the title you want and start watching!
Gift Card Method
- Set up a account on Google Play or App Store depending on whether you want to watch on Android or iOS devices.
- Purchase a Google Play or iTunes gift card from MyGiftCardSupply. Select the amount and add it to your cart, then head to the checkout. You will need a MyGiftCardSupply account.
- Enter your billing details. Once your payment is approved, you’ll find a digital copy of the gift card code in your email. Make sure to check your junk folder if it doesn’t show up immediately.
- Top up your account and download the Discovery Plus app. Choose either Google Play or iTunes, depending on which OS you’re using.
- Sign in to your Discovery Plus account. Just use the details associated with your newly topped-up account.
- Start watching Discovery Plus! Check out all its fascinating documentaries and educational shows.
FAQs on Watching Discovery Plus Online
Where can I watch Discovery Plus US?
Discovery Plus’ US library is only available to those in the US. However, Discovery Plus is also available in other countries, including the UK, Germany, Sweden and India. Just keep in mind that different countries may have different content libraries due to regional broadcasting rights. If you’re in a different country. If you’re in the US, you can sign up for Discovery Plus using either your credit card or an online gift card.
Can I watch Discovery Plus for free?
Currently, there is a way to watch Discovery Plus for free. You can take advantage of the Discovery Plus free trial. Sign up with a US credit card, and you'll get this as standard. If you had to use the gift card method, like I did, you'll need to pay upfront to create an account.
For secure streaming, you can also try out a VPN with a money-back guarantee before you commit to sticking with a lengthy subscription.
Which devices can I watch Discovery Plus on?
All WiFi-compatible devices capable of streaming can be used with the VPNs in my list. I found that each of the top VPNs are quick to set up and tested great while connected to US servers, making it easy to watch Discovery Plus from the US.
Start Watching Discovery Plus Now!
If you want to keep your online activity p secure while streaming Discovery Plus from the US, you need a VPN. By choosing the right VPN, you won’t have to sacrifice your streaming quality just to have peace of mind online.
I recommend ExpressVPN for streaming Discovery Plus from the US because of its network of reliable and fast US servers. It will allow you to watch all Discovery Plus shows and movies without any delays or buffering. You can even try it out risk-free, as all of its plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, the best VPN for watching Discovery Plus is…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.