How to Watch Quest TV Online Free — Easy Guide (2024)
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Quest TV With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs for Watching Quest TV Online in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Most User-Friendly VPN for Watching Quest TV Shows
- CyberGhost — The Fastest VPN for Watching Quest TV in HD
- Private Internet Access (PIA) — Streaming-Optimized Server in the UK to Easily Watch Quest TV
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for Quest TV
- Where Can I Watch Quest TV Online?
- FAQs on Watching Quest TV With a VPN
- Watch Quest TV in Minutes
Quest TV offers some of the best British shows that you won’t find anywhere else, and some of its content is free. However, the platform is only available to viewers in the UK. Like many other sites, Quest TV can tell if you’re in the UK based on your IP address, so you can’t watch it outside the country.
While a VPN can give you a UK IP address, hypothetically letting you watch Quest TV from abroad, be warned that this practice might go against the platform’s Terms of Service and could constitute copyright infringement.
If you’re in the UK, I recommend ExpressVPN for watching Quest TV in HD. It outperformed the other VPNs during my tests due to its extensive UK server network and fast speeds. Both of these are vital for watching Quest without buffering. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out for yourself without risk.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Quest TV With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as my top choice for Quest TV, given its speedy connections and ample UK server network.
- From your location in the UK, select a nearby server. This ensures optimal speeds and a stable connection for streaming.
- Start watching. You're all set to dive into your favorite shows on Quest TV in HD.
Best VPNs for Watching Quest TV Online in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|You can install ExpressVPN and start streaming Quest TV in HD from the UK within 3 minutes
|UK Server Network
|5 locations in the UK, including London and Wembley — plenty of choice to find a speedy, local connection
|8 simultaneous device connections, so your entire household can stream without interrupting anyone else
|Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV Stick, smart TVs, and more
ExpressVPN was the best overall service I tested for Quest TV. The apps are beginner-friendly, and you don’t need to have any prior knowledge to use them. It was easy to set up on my Windows PC — it only took about 3 minutes to get ExpressVPN up and running for my tests. Then, I just typed “UK” in the server list search bar and double-clicked on my preferred location to connect. This meant I could securely stream Quest TV right away with a nearby UK server.
It’s also pretty fast. ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol only dropped my speeds by 6% when using its UK servers from within the UK, which was unnoticeable. It’s normal for a VPN to cause a 10–20% speed loss, so this really impressed me. I could watch Find It, Fix It, Flog It without any interruptions or long loading times.
ExpressVPN also offers a convenient feature for optimizing your speeds and bandwidth. Split tunneling lets you exclude certain apps from the VPN tunnel while leaving all your other apps to use open, unencrypted internet. This frees up a bit of bandwidth, and I found it made my connection a bit faster for streaming Quest TV.
I was disappointed to note that ExpressVPN’s monthly plan is a little pricey — but its longer plans are better value. It’s also backed by a money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN out with Quest TV risk-free. If you don’t feel it’s right for you, you have 30 days to get a refund.
- Shortcuts. You can add a link to the Quest TV channel on Discovery+ to ExpressVPN’s Shortcuts feature so that you can open it right from the app.
- Outstanding browser extensions. If you’re looking to watch Quest TV on Chrome or Firefox, you can install the browser extension instead. It does the same thing as the VPN app, but it only encrypts the data on the browser you’re using to stream.
- Threat Manager. The DNS-based malware and tracker blocker protects your device from dangers like malware. I first opened the separate Quest TV site rather than looking for it on Discovery+. The separate site seemed unsafe, and the Threat Manager didn’t let me access it to protect me.
|The fastest of all the VPNs we tested, so you can watch Quest TV in HD with no buffering and minimal load times
|3 UK server locations to reliably stream Quest TV from the UK
|Stream on up to 7 devices simultaneously — great for large households
|Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Fire Stick, smart TVs, and more
CyberGhost was the fastest VPN I tested, with only a 4% speed loss on a nearby UK server. In my tests from within the UK, I was able to watch Supercar Showroom on Quest in HD with no buffering issues. I only had to wait about 4 seconds for the next episode to load, too. I expected the stream to buffer a bit more when I was watching Quest live, but it didn’t even stutter.
I found that its apps are remarkably user-friendly, too. Its one-click connect function simplified the process of finding a local UK server and getting started. When I tested it, I tried its Smart rules settings to have the VPN connect automatically when I opened the browser I use for Quest TV. I didn’t have to remember to start the VPN, and my data was protected automatically.
It also offers several streaming-optimized servers in the UK, which not many VPNs can match. There isn’t a specific Quest TV server (like there is for other platforms like BBC iPlayer), but the regular UK servers all worked reliably. This wider selection meant I never came across a laggy, congested streaming server.
The downside is that CyberGhost offers a shorter 14-day money-back guarantee with its monthly plan, which might limit the time available for extensive testing. The longer plans, however, have a 45-day refund period, which is longer than the other VPNs on my list. But, with either option, you can test CyberGhost for free.
- Dedicated IP. For an additional cost, you can get a private IP address on a nearby UK server that reduces the risk of running into overcrowded servers, which can cause slowdowns.
- Auto protocol selection. To make connecting easier, CyberGhost will pick the best settings for your connection so you can start watching Quest from the UK without any delays.
- You can install it on your router. A lot of VPNs aren’t compatible, but setting CyberGhost up on your router means you can securely watch Quest in HD on any device on your WiFi network, including your game console.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Streaming-Optimized Server in the UK to Easily Watch Quest TV
|A UK-based server that’s designed for HD streaming your favorite British TV from within the UK
|3 server locations in the UK to avoid overcrowding
|Unlimited, which gives you great value for money
|Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, smart TVs, and more
PIA’s streaming-optimized UK server worked seamlessly with Quest TV. Technically, the site says that this server is optimized for BBC iPlayer and Netflix, but when I tested it from within the UK, I found it was more reliable and a bit faster for streaming Quest TV than the regular UK servers. With other VPNs, I had to try a few locations first, but this server took the guesswork out of finding a good connection.
Unlike ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, PIA gives you unlimited simultaneous connections. I expected that this would impact its performance. During my tests from the UK, I connected several devices to the same nearby UK server, and I was able to watch Quest TV in HD. I could even securely browse a couple of news sites at the same time.
I found that consistent speeds were a bit of an issue for PIA. Despite connecting to a nearby server from within the UK, I experienced a speed drop of around 24%, which caused some buffering issues with Quest. But, the following day, the same server only dropped my speeds by 4%.
It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try PIA out with Quest TV for free. To test this out, I contacted support and got my refund within 2 days.
- Favorite servers. You can save the UK streaming server to your favorites list, so it’s easier to find it next time you want to watch Quest TV safely in HD from within the country.
- Network automation. This lets you customize how PIA behaves on different networks. For example, if you usually watch Quest on your home WiFi in the UK, you can set it to always connect to a nearby UK server when you’re using that network.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for Quest TV
When I was trying to find the best VPNs for Quest TV, I considered some important aspects. These were the key things I was looking for, and you can use them too when picking a VPN that suits you.
- Large UK server network. I’ve only recommended VPNs with at least 2–3 different server locations in the UK. More is better — you’re more likely to find a speedy local connection from wherever you are in the UK if you’ve got more locations to choose from.
- Fast speeds. To stream Quest TV shows from within the UK without any hiccups, you need a VPN that's quick. Every VPN on my list supports fast protocols, like WireGuard or Lightway (ExpressVPN’s proprietary protocol).
- User-friendly design. The VPNs on my list all have easy-to-use apps that let you connect with one click, pick servers easily, and adjust settings without fuss.
- Value for money. Check the VPN's price and what you're getting for that cost. The VPNs on my list all offer plenty of features for a fair price.
- Great customer support. The best VPNs have round-the-clock customer service. All my chosen VPNs can answer your questions through live chat or email quickly and clearly.
- Money-back guarantee. I only recommend VPNs that have a reliable refund policy. That way, you can try it out and see if it meets your needs without risk.
Where Can I Watch Quest TV Online?
You can only watch Quest TV in the UK. This is due to licensing restrictions. Discovery+, the platform that hosts Quest, checks your device’s IP address when you open the site. Your IP shows which country you’re from, which is how it finds out if you’re not in the UK.
If you’re trying to watch Quest TV from outside the UK, you’ll get an error message that says:
Soon… But Not Quite Yet
discovery+ is not yet available in this location
FAQs on Watching Quest TV With a VPN
Can I watch Quest TV online through another streaming service, like Prime Video?
No, Quest TV is exclusively available through Discovery+ now. Although some of its shows may be available individually, you can’t watch it on sites like Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. It’s worth noting that the channel is only available in the UK, so you can’t watch it when traveling abroad.
Can I watch Quest TV online for free?
Yes, you can, but the content is limited. Discovery+, which is the platform where Quest TV is available, lets you register to watch some free content if you’re in the UK. If you also want to secure your connection while streaming from the UK without risking your money, the VPNs on this list all offer money-back guarantees.
From which countries can I watch Quest TV?
Quest TV is only available for viewers in the UK. This means that if you're located outside the UK, you won’t be able to watch it due to geo-restrictions. A VPN can change your IP address to one from the UK, hypothetically letting you watch Quest TV from abroad.
However, it's important to note that using a VPN in this way might go against Quest TV's Terms of Service and could be seen as copyright infringement. My team and I do not condone or promote using a VPN for any illicit activities.
On which devices can I watch Quest TV?
There are lots of devices you can watch Quest TV on, including:
|PCs and laptops
|Windows and macOS
|Mobile devices and tablets
|Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire
|Streaming devices and gaming consoles
|Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Chromecast, Xfinity Flex, Apple TV, and Xbox
|Android TVs, LG TVs (with WebOS 4X/5X), Samsung, VIZIO
To protect your devices while streaming, you need a VPN with strong security features. The VPNs on this list all offer apps for all modern devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, Fire Stick, and more.
Watch Quest TV in Minutes
Quest TV is only available in the UK, so you can’t watch it outside the country. In theory, a VPN can change your online location and hypothetically let you watch Quest TV from abroad. However, it’s important to note that this might go against the platform’s Terms of Service and constitute copyright infringement.
However, using a VPN from within the UK to protect your data while watching Quest TV is fine. For that, ExpressVPN is my top recommendation. It’s the most user-friendly VPN I tested, and its consistently fast speeds ensure a seamless streaming experience. With a 30-day money-back guarantee in place, trying ExpressVPN is risk-free.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs for watching Quest TV…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.