Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship From Anywhere in 2020
- Short on time? Quick Guide – Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship on Sling TV Orange
- Quick Guide – Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship on Hulu
- Why You Need a VPN to Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship
- 3 Best VPNs for Watching the College Football Playoff National Championship
- Bottom Line
There is only one game left. In the biggest game of the year, it’s LSU vs. Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship. No rankings, no standings, only one football game to find one undisputed champion.
It all comes to you from the Superdome in year six of the college football playoffs. Or at least it does if you’re in the US. If you’re in another country on January 13, you’re in danger of not witnessing the game that gives us the national champion and you won’t know what happened.
You’ll miss it all if you’re a country that ESPN geoblocks, even if you’re a paying subscriber.
How can you get past these geographical restrictions and see the biggest game in college football? With a VPN. This streaming software lets you choose a virtual location to stream from, no matter what your real location is. A VPN is a simple solution to stream whatever content you like, and using one only takes a matter of minutes.
After some serious research, I figured out the best VPN for watching the College Football Playoff National Championship. NordVPN is my recommendation. It can unblock ESPN and it has a vast global network of servers.
Short on time? Quick Guide – Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship on Sling TV Orange
- Select a VPN provider with high-speed US servers for streaming. NordVPN is my suggestion for streaming Sling TV. It has lightning-fast speeds that are hard to beat.
- Sign up for the service and download the app. After you log in, connect to a US server.
- Go to Sling TV and sign up for the Orange package to stream ESPN.
- On game day, log in to Sling TV, select your stream, and see all the action!
Quick Guide – Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship on Hulu
- Choose a premium VPN with plenty of US servers. To stream Hulu from anywhere, I recommend NordVPN.
- Register and install the VPN. Run the app and log in. Choose a server in the US.
- Go to hulu.com and subscribe to Hulu + Live TV.
- Log in to Hulu and stream the game!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the College Football Playoff National Championship
The two best teams in college football are ready to go head to head in the most important game of the year. Sixty minutes of football stand between each team and a national title. But what if you’re outside the US on this important day? You can only watch the game if you’re in the US.
ESPN is required to block anyone outside the US from watching the game. If you want to watch LSU and Clemson, you need a VPN in order to bypass ESPN’s geo-restrictions and look like you’re in the US with a US IP address.
When you connect to a VPN, you have your choice of IP addresses to pick from to run your internet traffic through. Then, as far as ESPN knows, you’re in the US. It unblocks the stream and you can witness every play of the national championship game.
However, it’s important that you choose a premium VPN. Sites like Hulu, Sling TV, and even ESPN can usually recognize low-quality VPNs and geoblock them. The best services disguise themselves better.
They’re able to hide themselves because they update their IP addresses often, and streaming sites can’t keep up with the changes. These constant new IP addresses are guaranteed to break through geoblocks so you can stream the football game.
3 Best VPNs for Watching the College Football Playoff National Championship
- Works with: ESPN, Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime
- Compatible with: macOS, Android, Windows, Firefox, Chrome, iOS, Android TV, Linux, routers
- Over 1,500 servers in the US, 5,500+ worldwide
- Blazing-fast speeds
- SmartPlay to bypass geo-restrictions
- Up to six simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Support available through 24/7 live chat
If you’re looking for an incredibly fast VPN with a great set of premium features, I recommend NordVPN.
Streaming on Hulu or Sling TV is easy with NordVPN, thanks to SmartPlay. This feature helps disguise your location, making it that much easier to break through geographical blocks. That gets you the streaming connection you need to take advantage of NordVPN’s ultra-fast network.
Getting to a US server is easy with NordVPN. Just open the app and choose the US on the map. You get a connection to one of the 1,500+ US servers and then you’re ready to stream the title game. The entire network includes more than 5,500 servers.
You have several choices of your devices to stream the final college game of the season, as you’re allowed up to six device connections on a single plan.
If you want to take some time to decide if NordVPN is your answer for a VPN, you can change your mind in the first month when you take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more about NordVPN by reading through our full-length expert review.
- Works with: Hulu, Sling TV, ESPN, YouTube, DAZN, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video
- Compatible with: Windows, Firefox, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, Android TV, routers, game consoles
- Over 3,000 servers around the world, US included
- Great network speeds with no buffering
- Split tunneling feature
- Connect up to five devices at once
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live chat
You need a fast VPN for watching sports like football and one that easily blasts through geoblocks. ExpressVPN is second only to NordVPN on my list, but its speeds are still hard to beat.
It has plenty of fast servers to stream the championship game, with 3,000 servers in 94 countries. That includes more than 25 server locations around the US.
The demands of HD connections showing football require a speedy network. ExpressVPN prides itself on its network speed and it delivers fast, consistent streams that show you every detail of every football play.
With unlimited bandwidth, you stream as much as you need and there’s no lag and no buffering. You see every exciting second of the College Football Playoff National Champion action.
Do you need to keep your local connection while you’re streaming the game from across the world? ExpressVPN has you covered with its split tunneling feature. Shop online locally at the same time as streaming the championship game through the VPN. By splitting your traffic, you use less bandwidth altogether, and your streaming connection may speed up more!
Try this premium VPN risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. Spend a month experiencing all its streaming features.
Share your subscription with others – you get five simultaneous connections with ExpressVPN.
- Works with: Sling TV, ESPN, NBC, YouTube, FOX, CBS All Access, Amazon Prime, Netflix
- Compatible with: iOS, macOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Linux, Firefox, Android TV, Chrome, Windows, routers
- Over 1,000 US servers, 5,900 global servers
- Superfast network for streaming
- Streaming-specialized servers
- Allows seven simultaneous connections
- Full refund within 45 days of signing up
- Support via live chat
Want to be absolutely sure that you can get a connection to ESPN from the other side of the globe? Then sign up for CyberGhost, choose the ESPN server, and watch the college football championship game. There’s no more to it!
CyberGhost’s streaming-specialized servers allow you to pick a server dedicated to a certain broadcaster. That server ensures you get a fast, consistent connection to that streaming site.
If you don’t find a server customized for your broadcaster or streaming site, don’t worry. All 5,900+ servers in the CyberGhost network can get you past geographical restrictions. And with more than 1,000 in the US, you’re guaranteed access to your stream.
Take full advantage of your subscription by using all seven device connections that you’re allowed to satisfy your college football hunger.
The 45-day money-back guarantee gives you plenty of time to decide whether CyberGhost is right for you. Take the full month and half to explore all it has to offer, risk-free!
Are more VPN server connections better for streaming?
If you’re using a premium service, most any server will work how you need it. However, by having a vast server network of choices, you can change servers easily if one isn’t working for some reason. On the other hand, more servers mean there are fewer users on each, so in that case, more server connections may be better for your streaming.
Are free VPNs good for streaming sports?
Most free VPNs don’t work with sites that stream sports. It’s true that “you get what you pay for.” Broadcasters can often recognize when you’re connected to a free VPN and block you, as they aren’t high-quality services. I recommend the VPNs on this list because they are all premium services and can bypass geo-restrictions easily.
Will a VPN slow down my speed?
Technically yes, but the difference in speed may not be noticeable. Your internet traffic is going through an additional tunnel when you use a VPN, which causes a natural slowdown, but high-quality VPNs are fast and this minor slowdown is something you may not notice while your streaming.
It’s all on the line for two teams in New Orleans. One game and one chance for glory. Which team will hoist the trophy on January 13, 2020? With a VPN, you can see who’s the best in college football.
If you’re still having trouble deciding which VPN gives you the best viewing experience, I’ll give you my opinion. I like NordVPN for its combination of speed, numbers of US servers, and great price – not to mention it’s one the best at getting through geoblocks.
Visit our deals and coupons page to see how you can save on your subscription!
All this talk about VPNs must have you interested in learning more about streaming sports with a VPN. Learn more in our blog on how to watch Sky Sports anywhere.
Get more details about using a VPN with Sling TV in our article on watching Sling TV outside the US.
Don’t leave until you read up on all the VPNs that consistently work for Hulu.